McVities Milk Chocolate Digestives

McVities Milk Chocolate Digestives

Digestives, Chocolate Biscuits

Review of "McVities Milk Chocolate Digestives"

published 09/01/2004 | Louise90
Member since : 01/02/2001
Pro Lovely taste. Nice price too.
Cons Fattening!
Smell
Product Quality

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine"

When it comes to biscuits, you really can't beat McVities, can you? I have, and do on a regular basis, eat other brands. But, I always get drawn back to good old McVitie's! Why is this? Well, I'll tell you why I like them so much!

I paid only £0.99p for a 400g packet of McVitie's Milk Chocolate Digestive Biscuits. And, there were 33% free - giving you an extra 100g free! (Meaning, you actually pay £0.99p for 300g).

The biscuits come in a foil packet with is mainly chocolate brown in colour. All over most of the packet are pictures of the biscuits themselves, some of them already having a bite taken out of them. They do look very tempting and appetising. Nice marketing ploy there, me thinks! In bold white lettering with a navy blue background the words 'McVitie's McV' are emblazened on the packet. The packet is easily opened as there is a little nick which you pull round the packet. This will neatly open the packet leaving no mess or broken biscuits.

On one side of the packet are the ingredients, contact details, and nutritional information etc, etc. Per biscuit there are 87 calories and 4.0g of fat. Quite high. So if you're on a diet, you better not have more than - shall we say - 1??!!

But, you can't stop at just 1 can you? 1 biscuit leads to 2, and so on, and so on.............

I prefer eating these with a hot cup of tea or coffee, doesn't matter which! You see, I'm a dunker. I do love dunking my biccies into my mug, and simply licking the chocolate off the biscuit! Yummy!

Each biscuit is 6.5 cm in diametre. The digestive side of the biscuit is just like a normal digestive. A rather pale brown colour with "McVitie's Original" embossed on it. There seems to be some kind of letting above that, but I can't make out what it says. The chocolate side is generously coated with milk chocolate. This is quite thickly coated in a criss cross motion, giving it a neat, ready to eat biscuit.

The taste of the biscuit is just too delicious to mention! The biscuits are nice and crunchy. The milk chocolate gives it that extra sweetness which otherwise wouldn't be there. I do prefer the chocolate ones rather than the plain digestives. The plain ones are just a bit too bland for me. Maybe it's because I've got a sweet tooth! It's not too sweet though, and doesn't leave you with a sickly taste like some do.

I do like a drink with any kind of biscuit though, as they do tend to leave me feeling thirsty. Also, I can't seem to eat too many of these in one go, and they are quite filling. These do last me for a few days. But make sure you store them in a cool, dry place or in biscuit container if you have one.

In summary, I love these biscuits. Like I said, I do eat other brands of biscuits, but always return to McVitie's. I do, however, eat other flavours of McVitie's biscuits (like the golden syrup ones. They're lush!).

McVitie's Careline:

Ashby-De-La-Zouch
LE65 2ZH
ENGLAND

• Amy69 published 25/03/2009
    These are so delicious! xx
  • SweetTooth93 published 07/09/2008
    Yum....the chocolate ones are so much nicer than the regular xx
  • PDS1 published 16/12/2005
    A lot of attention to detail in this review! Great!