Review of "MeMeMe Cosmetics Long Lasting Gloss Graceful"

published 13/06/2013 | linzee_loulabelle
Member since : 26/11/2004
Thank you so much for any E given on a review! I appreciate them so much! Wow... Gold finally! mehimthedogandababy.com
Good
Pro Dries quickly
Cons Not a great colour
Price

"It's all about MeMeMe!"

MeMeMe Cosmetics Long Lasting Gloss Graceful

MeMeMe Cosmetics Long Lasting Gloss Graceful

As part of my June’s Glossybox I received a bottle of the MeMeMe Cosmetics Long Lasting Nail Gloss in Graceful. I had never heard of this brand before and I probably wouldn’t have picked the colour I got in a million years. If, like me, you have not heard of this brand before you can have a look and their range here: www.mememecosmetics.co.uk.

This nail polish retails at £5 a bottle.

The product comes in your average glass nail polish bottle with a black screw top lid. Although the bottle is quite basic, the design on the front is what make it looks nicer than it could have. The MeMeMe logo is printed in quite a swirly and feminine font even though the colour of it is black. Also, to the side of the brand logo and product description is a lovely black flower design which helps add to the feminine feel of the bottle. I do think that this bottle is a little nicer than some other nail polishes due to the finishing touches of the design.

The brush is nice and thick so applying to a whole nail only takes a couple of strokes and it also goes on very evenly. The nail polish itself is quite thick in consistency so you should make sure to wipe a little of the excess off the brush before applying to your nail. This also dries a lot quicker than I expected it to. The first thin coat dried within only a couple of minutes and when I say dried, I mean bone dry. No tackiness or anything. The second coat did take a little longer to dry but in total, my nails were properly drying within the space of 10 minutes which is quite impressive for a nail polish.

The shade of the nail polish I received is called Graceful and it is exactly how it sounds. Inside the bottle, it looks like quite a nice pink but that is not how it ends up drying on nails. As this one dries, it turns into a barely there pink – think of a French manicure kind of pink colour. As I had acrylic nails for a long time, my nails are in far from perfect condition and this nail polish shows off all of the bad bits. The colour, more than the nail polish itself, just isn’t for me. However, as I liked how quick drying it was and how easy it was to apply, I think I would have been much happier with a different colour which is a shame.

One of the good things about this nail polish is that it takes a while to chip. After about 3 days, the tips of my nails started to chip but then this was also really easy to remove. I was glad that I didn't have to spend ages trying to remove this one.

At £5, this is a pretty good nail polish but if light colours aren’t your thing then I would advise staying away from this one.

• Essexgirl2006 published 14/06/2013
    I got this too. I've not tried this yet, but I am hoping it won't show up too bad when the chips at the tip start.
  • watkins11 published 13/06/2013
    I didn't get one of these, but I quite like that colour x