Mecca (Saudi Arabia)

Mecca (Saudi Arabia)

Review of "Mecca (Saudi Arabia)"

published 03/08/2008 | emi_red
Shopping
Nightlife
Ease of getting around

"Holy Place"

I have been here for several times with my family , praise to Allah who gave the means and time to visit the holy place to perform Omara (small haj) during my childhood and during my adulthood.

You would not feel the same thing if you have been here...No other places could ever give you that kind of feelings...It is truth that if you have good intentions to go to this place, If GOD wills, you will have good journey and would perform your omara or haj easily. Allah knows what is in your heart.

A lot of shopping places to choose from high end (air-conditioned) and shops that for people like myself. If you know how to bargain the price, this is the time to test your skill. Most of the shoppers could speak basic English or Asian languages like Indonesian or Malay.

Actually, the Arabs men are polite to the ladies. Toilets in the hotel are not clean! I think they do not care about the cleanliness of the toilet or how to clean the toilet.

You have to be adventurous when you want to try their local food. For me, it is not bad. Drink plenty of water to hydrate yourself. If your country have courses please attend them because it will help you.

• magical2 published 31/05/2009
    I think this review was good as it focused on personal experiences rather than the run-of-the-mill facts about the place as you can get that from any textbook/website. However, I do feel a little bit of background would have been good.
  • emi_red published 03/08/2008
    You can go to http://www.islamicity.com/ to read about Islam. My knowledge about islam is also limited. You could also try to go to nearby mosque and ask people there to help/guide you. They might have the books on what is Islam is all about.
  • jeaniecz published 03/08/2008
    I think I expected more from a review about the holy place of islam, I would have loved to read about the religion, traditions..

Product Information : Mecca (Saudi Arabia)

Listed on Ciao since: 20/02/2003