Medised Infant Cold Relief (Age 3 months+)

Medised Infant Cold Relief (Age 3 months+)

Children's Medicine

Review of "Medised Infant Cold Relief (Age 3 months+)"

published 09/09/2008 | danmclovin
Member since : 24/07/2008
You stay classy San Diego .. !
Pro Eases pain and fever, helps with restful sleep!
Cons None!
Side effects
Effectiveness

"Pain relief for the little ones!"

I try to avoid giving my baby boy any form of medicine as much as possible, but as most parents wil know, sometimes it's a must. He is 11 months old at the moment, and for the last couple of months has been going through his teething period. Not only is this obviously painful for him, but it also distrupts his sleep .. and how babies need their sleep. I was advised by a friend that they had used Medised, and had been very effective at relieving some of the pain that their baby had been experiencing, so after much research into the product, I decided that it seemed safe enough and so I decided to give it a go.

We have been using Medised for our little boy for a few months now, only in extreme circumstances mind you, and I have to say that it really has helped him to cloud out some of the pain he has been experiencing. I only tend to give him a dose during bed time, to help him get the good night sleep that he needs. I like to give him half the recommended dosage to begin with, and only give him the other half if I feel he needs it. An advantage that Medised has over many other infant pain relief medicines, is that it can be mixed in with the baby's milk, so there's no need to mess about with spoons or syringes, which often leads to more of the stuff ending up all over the baby's face as opposed to in their mouth.

Medised is designed as a pain and fever relief for infants and children, it also helps to give the baby a restful sleep and to ease breathing. Medised should only be given to babies from 3 months on, and should only be give to babies younger if recommended so by a doctor. The syrup is strawberry flavoured, which helps the baby or infant to take to it. Medised contains Paracetamol, for pain relief from teething, sore throat, headaches and high temperatures caused by colds and flu. It also contains Diphenhydramine, which is present to clear blocked and stuffy noses, and to help with restful sleep.

Instructions and dosages are clearly stated on the box, and Medised also has a website for attitional information, with an faq page for concerned parents. Medicines for babies is alway an important topic, rightly so, especially when there have been occassions where some medicines have been taken off the shelves for health reasons. Parents have a right to be concerned. Medised, from all the information I have gathered, seems to be one of the safer medicines on the market, and one that is recommended by many experts. I have to say that my little boy has not experienced any side effects from Medised, apart from the stated drowsyness which helps the baby off to sleep, and it most certainly has helped him to settle and relieve pain when he has needed it the most.

Medised is generally available in 100ml and 200ml bottles, with the 100ml bottles starting from around £3 a bottle, and the 200ml from around £4.50. The bottle comes with a safety twist cap, which I find hard to open at the best of times, so should my little one ever get hold of a bottle, I'd be pretty confident the he wouldn't be able to. I would definitely recommend Medised, although I would also recommend that all parents do a little research into the product, as with any infant medicinal product, just to make sure that it is suitable for them, and that they are happy to give it to their little ones.

• mumsymary published 09/09/2008
    Hope the little one is feeling better now
  • Shoka published 09/09/2008
    Good to hear things like this in advance of when I need them for my soon to arrive baby.
  • Gary25 published 09/09/2008
    Nice review Dan, we're on the Calpol 6+ now!! Seems to get more expensive by the week. Gary. p.s. keep the dumbells away from the baby, accidents easily happen.