Member Advice on Body Piercing

Member Advice on Body Piercing

Review of "Member Advice on Body Piercing"

published 06/05/2012 | danielleemilee
Member since : 06/05/2012
Hey, I'm Danielle Emilee but usually I get called Dannii. I like sharing my views and opinions and all that, so check out some of my reviews! :D
Pro Looks good, Little pain, Quick.
Cons Can hurt, depending on pain threshold. Can get infected.

"Tragus Piercing Experience."

Okay, so i'm going to talk about my experience with Tragus piercing. For those of yo who don't know, the Tragus is the part of your ear which is not actually 'attatched' to the ear itself. The part nearest the face, made of cartilage.

I am a bit of a wuss with pain, so I was really freaking out, which is stupid seeing as I've had my belly button pierced and that hurt worse. So I went into the shop, which was clean and safe - looking. (You should always check the shop is clean, you can do this by looking for reviews about the shop. Also, make sure they DO NOT use a gun, this is unsafe and dangerous). So, I went into the shop and spoke to the piercist, who was perfectly friendly enough. He told me that he could to it right away and that it would cost £30.

He then led me into a room which contained the piercing equiptment and a surgical bed (sounds scary, but its totally normal). I was told to sit on the bed whilst he 'prepped' my ear. Firstly, he put on some gloves. Then, the jewellery was sterilised. After this he took a sterile wipe and cleaned around the area of piercing. Then he sprayed some sort of spray, which I imagine would be numbing spray of some kind, onto a tissue and held it onto my ear. It was really cold and tingly. Next, placed a dot onto the area of pierecing and checked that I liked it, I did so he went ahead and took a clamp, which is a strange sort of small, triangular clamp with triangular shaped holes in the middle. The next thing he did was squeeze the clamp quite tightly and then insert the needle, at this point all I could feel was pushing, no stinging or pain. Then, he inserted the jewellery and took the needle out, and my piercing was done.

On a pain scale, out of ten I would honestly rate this piercing about three, because the pain really was low, like, next to nothing. I was told to clean it twice daily with warm, salty water and ensure no shampoo or products got into the area whilst washing my hair. And then it was done! OVER, FINITO! I would definitely reccomend that if anyone does wish to get this piercing, go ahead, its not too expensive and is pretty simple to do. The pain was no more than that of an injection.

• savvyshopper6476 published 06/05/2012
    Welcome to Ciao. I almost rated this off topic because this is meant to be advice on piercings. Your review is more how they did it with very little advice.
  • TheGoodSurveyer published 06/05/2012
    Good detail, concise review.
  • daisyleex published 06/05/2012