Member Advice on Breast Cancer

Member Advice on Breast Cancer

Review of "Member Advice on Breast Cancer"

published 04/10/2002 | polishedpoo
Member since : 15/05/2001
Pro Can save your life
Cons none

"Breast Practice to save your Life"

Hello, Poo's back!

I'd like to share some knowledge with you that i've recently learned. It could save your life.

Four years ago, I found a lump in my breast. I had a biopsy done and thankfully, it turned out to be nothing. It's still there, still hurts, but i'm fine.

I've had a very emotional and stressful few months this year. In July, my Mum omitted to tell my sister and I that she'd been in hospital to have a lump removed from each breast.
We had to wait three weeks for the results after the samples from the biopsy had been grown to develop a culture.
I was on holiday in Greece at the time and called my mum to find out the results. I didn't want to go on holiday but she insisted. I'd only been there four days when I called home to get the results. I broke my heart as mum told me she had breast cancer in both breasts and that she'd be going in for a double mastectomy the following week.

Naturally, I had to arrange an early flight home as I had to be with her.

It was the most traumatic and upsetting time for my family and wasn't made any easier for the fact that she lives 2 hours away from me in Barnstaple, Devon.

After her operation, we were told that she had a "Ductile Carcinoma in Situ" in her left breast - which was a cancer that shouldn't have spread - the other was a tumour and the doctors were very concerned that it may well have spread to the lymph glands. During the surgery, they managed to removed most of the Lymph glands (which left mum with sore armpits for a few months)

It was a waiting game. For three weeks we had to wait to find out if it had spread or not.

That was the longest three weeks of all our lives.

We went to see the doctor and she's completely clear of all cancer!! Well, you can imagine what we were like!! Tears of happiness flooded everywhere!

It's October now and Mums made practically a full recovery. She has prosthetic breasts which fit nicely into her double mastectomy bra's and she feels great. She never once complained about a thing, she's so brave, my hero.

Since all this happened, mum has read and highly recommended a book by a Scientist called Jane Plant, who herself suffered from breast cancer. The book is called "Your Life in Your Hands" Dr. Plant was told she wasn't going to live long, so she decided she was going to do everything she could to kill the cancer.
She discovered that in China, the rate at which women get breast cancer is considerably much lower than here in England, 1 in 10 in England and 1 in 10,000 in China!!!

To cut a long story short, She found that after experimenting on 68 women with Breast cancer, 63 of them lived. This is because they completely cut out dairy products from their diet. Milk is the worst thing you can have. This is because milk is there for baby cows and when the cows aren't pregnant or with calf, they do not produce milk naturally.
The cows are then injected with hormones to make them produce milk. When the milk is treated, it omits to kill off the hormones which are then consumed by us. This gives us a double dosage of hormones which dramatically increases our chances of developing Breast Cancer and the hormones react with the already potential cancerous cells in our bodies. England's Breast cancer contracting rate is 1 in 10 (1 in 8 if your mother had it also)

You need to replace milk with Soya milk (which lasts longer and tastes a bit like vanilla - very nice) and replace butter with something like "Pure" which is a soya spread. Cut out cheese - eggs are fine.(Try to cut out all products which contain milk solids or milk extracts).

At the end of Jane's experiment, the remainder of the 68 ladies died. It was because they cheated on their diet and had dairy.

I have changed my diet and it takes a bit of getting used to, but it's going to be worth it. You still get all your vital nutrients from the change.

You really must check your breasts regularly though, it's not nice to have to do, but thats how me and mum mum found our lumps. If Mum hadn't checked, she'd have died.

This diet is also something that you should take up as a preventative. (Do it even if you don't have cancer).

Just a quick note also - North Devon District Hospital are fantasic and I have been raising money to help the victims of breast cancer. When it happens to you or your family, it really gives you the kick up the bum to try and help others. (I did a sponsored "Not spend any money for a month" - now thats a REAL challenge for me!!!

Take care.

Poo x

p.s other books by Jane Plant are " The no Dairy Breast Cancer Prevention Programme", "The Plant Programme" and "Recipes for fighting Breast Cancer".

• shelley79 published 29/11/2002
    Amazing op, really makes you think. My mum had a scare which turned out to be a cyst which she hid from us. Am glad your both ok, shel
  • CareBear published 16/10/2002
    Great to see you back again Poo and I'm so glad this story had a happy ending! I can't substitute Soya for milk as I am allergic to Soya...
  • Borg published 13/10/2002
    Good advice - nice to see you back, don't be a stranger y'hear? :0)

Product Information : Member Advice on Breast Cancer