Home > Ciao Café > Member Advice > Member Advice on Health > Member Advice on Cosmetic Surgery > Reviews

Xaney 5

Xaney

Member since:02.02.2008

The Hospital Group - Cosmetic Surgery

17.04.2008 (19.04.2008)

Advantages:
Very informative and treated first class all the way

Disadvantages:
Driver was late in the morning but this didn't affect anything

Side effects

Effectiveness

Priceby surgery type

3 Ciao members have rated this review on average: helpful See ratings
  1. CezaWeza
  2. MAFARRIMOND
  1. redeyes22
  2. Collingwood21

Having recently undergone private cosmetic surgery using The Hospital Group and having had such a wonderful experience with them I wanted to share my thoughts.
Whilst I don't wish to go in to the ins and outs of what I had done I must say from my first contact with the Hopital Group through to recovery they were with me every step of the way.
I had been searching for a surgeon/clinic for sometime and finally decided on the Hospital Group.
My first contact with them was via the internet by completing a contact form on their website, within half an hour I had a friendly, knowledgable and supportive voice on the phone talking me through everything.
I made an appointment to go and see them at my local clinic which is about 25 mins away (they have clinics throughout the UK) the appointment was in just 4 days time which I thought fantastic.
The moment I stepped in the door I felt welcome and at ease, after almost an hour spent talking through what I wanted with a professional advisor I was going to see the surgeon for a proper consultation. This lastest approx 30mins and was very indepth.
I went back to my personal advisor to finalise some details and made my appointment for surgery, in just 7 days time. It was my choice to have it so soon, I chose from a selection of dates.
On the day of the operation I was collected by a named driver and driven to the hospital in Bromsgrove, Birmingham. The place was beautiful and in wonderful surroundings. I walked in the door, was greated by the receptionist and whisked away to my private en-suite room by a nurse. The rooms are more than comfortable and even come with a TV. They have the feel of a 5* hotel just as the brochure describe! I didn't feel I was actually in a hospital at all which put me straight at ease.
Throughout the afternoon I had various visits from the nurses and surgeon to check I was still ok for my operation and to re-confirm every detail. I was fully aware of the procedure and any possible risks, there was always some about to answer any question as they popped into my head.
Not once did I feel nervous or scared as I trusted them 100%, the only time I thought 'what am I doing' was when I walked into the theatre and put myself on the operating table it was a split second of panic but I was soon comfortable again being surrounded by the people who had been with me all day.
Waking up in recovery, I first saw my nurse who explained that everything had gone without complication and I was soon back in my room and given something to eat and drink.
The next day I was checked by my surgeon and driven back home.
My follow up appointment at my local clinic was booked and medication I required in hand. I was home before 10am and didn't really feel like I'd actually gone through something so major as everything went so smoothly.
Again, when I went to my follow up appointment 7 days later I was greated by the same friendly faces and quickly saw the nurse who removed my dressings and gave me some advice to follow until my 30 day appointment. Which is where I am now...
Everyone I have had contact with at the Hospital Group has been wonderful I have nothing but praise for them. I would certainly recommend them to people.

Write your own review Report a problem with this review’s content

Add the first comment!