Home > Ciao Café > Member Advice > Member Advice on Health > Member Advice on Fitting Bras > Reviews

MRS.CANAD... 5

MRS.CANADA

Member since:09.09.2002

WHERE DID THE HELPFUL LADIES GO

08.11.2002 (10.11.2002)

Advantages:
It's good to know .

Disadvantages:
If you don't know you can get hurt .

Side effects

Effectiveness

Price

2. lindyberry
  3. starsally
not helpful by (1%):
  1. Alexcalway

Even when I was younger I hated to go buy bras. In the old days their were Ladies who measured you around the bust and across your back. They told you what size of bra to buy.

Those days are long gone, (in Canada), and most bras are in a box or hanging on a rack. You have to decide your size, (and all brand's sizes aren't the same). I read somewhere that "most Women are wearing the wrong size of bra."

I remember one nice place across the street from Harrods. Every time I was in London that was the first place I went, (I'm sorry I don't remember the name of the Store or know if it's still there).

There are so may types to choose from: Sports Bras, under-wire Bras, push up Bras, (to help you look like you have a larger bust and they hurt a lot), and Bras that have no wires below the cup. Some 'cross your heart' to give larger Women more support.

~O WHEN YOU GO TO BUY A BRA O~

If there is no one to help you make sure that you try on a Bra before you buy it.

Make sure that the band that is around your body should not be tight. The straps shouldn't slide off your shoulder or dig into them. I have small shoulders so I have a lot of problems with the straps.

The cups should be smooth over your breasts. I wear an DD Bra and I find I must bend over to make sure my breasts are inside the cup and not spilling over.

I have a thin back so I make sure that the front of my Bra is flat on chest. When you move you should feel that the support you are getting is just right and not too tight.

~O THE BRAS THAT WORK THE BEST FOR ME O~

When I am in the United States I buy a thin nylon Bra made my Lily of France. It does have a thin wire underneath but it doesn’t bother me. The Bra is so light you feel like you aren't wearing one. It comes in many colors but I only buy the black and nude colored ones. When I wear them you wouldn't think I was wearing a Bra because it gives a natural lift and you can't see any Bra lines on your sweater or blouse.

I also like the "Cross Your Heart" Bra and buy it in white or black. It does show lines when I'm wearing it.

When I'm at home or wearing casual cloths I wear a Sports Bra. They are very comfortable and they don't dig into my shoulders. Did you know the first Sports Bras were made by putting to "jock straps" together? You know to any Man his comfort must come first. This example is to show you how comfortable these Bras are.

If you'd like to see a "Cross Your Heart" Bra the web site is:

The "Sports Bras" I wear can be seen at:

The "Lily of France Bra" link is"

~O SOME THOUGHT O~

I hope you found my review helpful. Comments are always welcome.

©LL2002

Write your own review Report a problem with this review’s content

rileylumps 10.01.2006 17:34

Hi Fitting Bra's is what I do and it is probably one of the most complicated things you could buy. Getting measured with a tape is no longer a viable way of knowing your size as every brand uses a different grading to make their bra's definately not helpful. Its always worth especially if you are buying online asking advice on how the fit comes up. I'll write a review with some key markers we use to fit bra's and to give you a great shape and fit. Best Wishes Jo.x

JJane 18.11.2002 22:41

So many shapes, sizes, colours, varieties, materials, how is a girl to choose. I'm a Marks and Spencers gal; have never bought bras from anywhere else. The most depressing thing to see is the 38C bra looking like a 60DD.... "do I really need all that coverage?!". Great op!

indiegirl 14.11.2002 09:41

I find that people nowadays are too embarrassed to get personal service when buying a bra. I don't mind getting me boobs out for anyone, though - getting the right bra is imperative!