Home > Ciao Café > Member Advice > Member Advice on Education & Careers > Member Advice on University Interviews > Reviews

sam123 4

sam123

Member since:10.02.2001

Try to be yourself

27.04.2001

Advantages:

Disadvantages:
nerves, tension

4 Ciao members have rated this review on average: helpful See ratings
  1. sid
  2. Grimsbygal
  1. heatherrr13
  2. begum
  3. WAD1-2-3
somewhat helpful by (9%):
  1. Saltire

I remember having my interview to study my degree at Liverpool University, I must admit I was very worried at first, it had been my first one, and everyone else had just accepted me on unconditional offers, so it did concern me a lot. Though I knew I had other universities to fall back on. That was good to know.

I took my Record Of Achievement folder, and when the day came, I went early looked around the place, and then it was my turn. Their was this other girl who had her interview before me, when she came out five minutes later they asked for.

I was tensed at first but when she introduced me to herself (the women conducting the interview), the atmosphere got more relaxed, and she and things flowed, thankfully, and I think I did well. I must have done when they offered me a place.

What I learned from the interview was that just b yourself, and be as calm as you can possibly me, they want the best candidates in their course, and just want to know the reasons why you want to study the course and why at their University.

I did not end up going to this university, but I felt the interview prepared me a lot, I was ready if the other universities decided they wanted me to take an interview aswell. Just be confident and try to sell yourself, and if they don’t offer you the place, take it as their loss. There are plenty of universities out their. Chose the right one and go for it.

At the place you study, you can get help, and they often guide you go through your interview.

« Previous review

Write your own review Report a problem with this review’s content

CareBear 27.04.2001 14:56

you hit the nail onthe head here - being yourself is always the best - it shows when you are trying to be something else!