Member Advice on University Interviews

Member Advice on University Interviews

Review of "Member Advice on University Interviews"

published 27/04/2001 | sam123
Member since : 10/02/2001
Pro -
Cons nerves, tension

"Try to be yourself"

I remember having my interview to study my degree at Liverpool University, I must admit I was very worried at first, it had been my first one, and everyone else had just accepted me on unconditional offers, so it did concern me a lot. Though I knew I had other universities to fall back on. That was good to know.

I took my Record Of Achievement folder, and when the day came, I went early looked around the place, and then it was my turn. Their was this other girl who had her interview before me, when she came out five minutes later they asked for.

I was tensed at first but when she introduced me to herself (the women conducting the interview), the atmosphere got more relaxed, and she and things flowed, thankfully, and I think I did well. I must have done when they offered me a place.

What I learned from the interview was that just b yourself, and be as calm as you can possibly me, they want the best candidates in their course, and just want to know the reasons why you want to study the course and why at their University.

I did not end up going to this university, but I felt the interview prepared me a lot, I was ready if the other universities decided they wanted me to take an interview aswell. Just be confident and try to sell yourself, and if they don’t offer you the place, take it as their loss. There are plenty of universities out their. Chose the right one and go for it.

At the place you study, you can get help, and they often guide you go through your interview.

• CareBear published 27/04/2001
    you hit the nail onthe head here - being yourself is always the best - it shows when you are trying to be something else!

Product Information : Member Advice on University Interviews