Home > Internet > Ciao > Member feedback on... > Ciao Features > Member Feedback on Ciao Community Newsletter > Reviews

kingchris 4

kingchris

About me: I'll be back writing as soon as possible!!!

Member since:19.05.2004

Video reviews:6

A welcome change from most newsletters!!!

27.12.2006

Advantages:
Some very interesting sections on the newsletter !

Disadvantages:
Some very dull sections in the newsletter !

30 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. macgirl147
  2. Oh-Christine
  3. daylehall
  1. salem_witch
  2. Vheissu
  3. Soho_Black

I recently checked my emails, and saw that I had this Ciao Newsletter there. And I started wondering why I had got it. I had made sure that newsletters had been disabled for my Ciao account because most of the newsletters I got from other websites annoyed me so much because there was just pointless information, such as the smallest update on the website, or just stupid advertising. But this Ciao newsletter was very different!

SET-OUT
The newsletter has a very pleasant setout. It gives you a very clear indication of what month it is, so if you decided to save all your newsletters, you would be able to organise them very easily. There is a very good introduction to the whole newsletter, and then the newsletter starts. Here are the different sections to the newsletter and what each one talks about.

YOUR CIAO ACCOUNT ON…
This part of the newsletter is very helpful. Here it tells you how much money you have in your account, how many community points you have, and what community level you are, (red, green etc). I think that this might be the most helpful part of the newsletter, as you can easily check how much money you had in your account from one month to another.

ONLINE SURVEYS
I find this quite a helpful feature of the newsletter too! Here the letter tells you what surveys are going to be coming soon, and which parts of your profiles should be up-to-date to make sure that you might get asked to take part in the survey and earn some money! The newsletter tells you that you should get your mobile phone profile updated and also your career profile.

NEW FEATURES AT CIAO
Here the newsletter lets you know what things have recently been added to the Ciao website, such as the video review feature, or the part of Ciao where you can look at products that haven't got any reviews and are worth the most. This is very helpful, because if any new features arrive you will be able to know about them very soon! On this newsletter, it tells you that the video review feature is available and there is a list of 200 products that haven't yet being reviewed and would be worth quite a bit of money.

MOST READ AUTHORS
In this section, the newsletter tells you which members have the most reads, and how many reads they had for that week. This week it was liz1102, laramax and danielalong. Well done to you three!!

CIAO DIAMONDS
Well, pretty obvious really. This gives you 10 reviews that have received diamonds that month for outstanding quality. Hopefully one month one of my reviews will be on here!

COMPARE PRICES
I think that this is the weakest part of the newsletter. This part just tells you a couple of prices for a couple of random products. On this newsletter, it is a laptop and a camera.

MEMBERS' MOST POPULAR
I found this section very interesting. Here it tells you a certain type of product and which brand or make is the most popular in England, Germany, France and Spain. In the December newsletter, the product category is MP3 players, and the Apple Ipod rules the tables, being first in 2 of them, and being in the other ones.

FEATURED REVIEW ON…
In the newsletter, the review is on the Nintendo WII, and it is by powellandrew. I'm not sure how Ciao decides which product or which review is on the featured review section, but there you go.

BE THE FIRST TO WRITE A REVIEW ON…
This section shows you two products that haven't been reviewed yet and would be worth a bit of money. On the December edition, there is a camera, and a TV, (or a computer monitor, I'm really not sure).

TIPS FROM THE TEAM
I think that this is another helpful section of the newsletter. Here there is a very good tip from someone on Ciao, on how to be better at writing reviews or doing general other stuff with Ciao. On the December edition, the tip is that if you request a payment, you should give it time to be taken from your account and put into your bank.

AFFILIATE PROGRAMME
This section just tells you that you could earn extra money by advertising Ciao on your website, which I don't really need, as I don't have a website, but if you do, it would be helpful information!!

CIAO TRIVIA
In this part the newsletter just gives you a few random pieces of information, such as oldest Ciao employee and average community score. An interesting little section I suppose!

REJECTED MEMBER PICTURES
Here there are a few pictures that have been rejected by the Ciao team as they are unsuitable for usage on members' profiles. I think that this section might be quite helpful for new members that don't have a profile picture, but are thinking of adding one, and don't know what type of picture they should have.

YOUR FEEDBACK
Well, this part is where this review is coming from. There is a link taking you to a part where you can write a review on this newsletter, as I am doing here!

SERVICE
And the nitty-gritty bit of the review. Just telling you that you have got this newsletter because you signed up to it, if you don't want this click here, etc, etc.

OVERALL
Together, I was pleasantly surprised with this newsletter. I still have no idea why I got it as I clicked on I didn't want newsletters, but for some reason I am now signed onto getting them every month, and I'm quite glad I am, because if they are as informative as this one, I will have something interesting to read each month!! Cheers Ciao!!!

<Thanks for reading>
Pictures of Member Feedback on Ciao Community Newsletter
Member Feedback on Ciao Community Newsletter Picture 13161326 tb
Newsletter

Write your own review Report a problem with this review’s content

elaine16 21.01.2007 18:07

Good review . Going to enable this . Didn`t get previously for same reasons as you.! Elaine xx

Coloneljohn 21.01.2007 12:08

Nice one. I didn't know that they sent one. I will have to look into this. John

Shoka 18.01.2007 00:53