Member advice on Caring

Member advice on Caring

Review of "Member advice on Caring"

published 01/07/2003 | Anitaaab
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Pro Knowing you are appreciated
Cons Always on call& tiring

"Who is a carer"

hope this is of some interest to some of you kind people out there.
Many of us find ourselfs in a possistion of being carers for someone.We give our care willingly because
we love those nearest & dearest to us, or it could
be our friend/neighbour."does it matter" NO.
Lets use the word "Clients".
For some of us it takes up most of our time,it may
also affect every aspect of our lifes.work,family life & free time, depending on the level of care required.
Your client may be self sufficient in many ways,
but unable to cope with the tasks of shopping/cleaning.In more extreme situations your client may require basic needs, such as Bathing/feeding & cooking.In these circumstances you would be required to provide constant care.
Short term care,High level.
A client recovering from an opperation /major illness,
will require a high level of care.
initially care plan is advisable outlining your clients needs gain advise from clients GP.
E.G....Activity=Assessment.
Mobility=Walking stick/wheelchair,ect.
Washing/bathing/dressing.
Special diets.Medication.
Remember your aim should be to care without depriving
the client of his/her independence & dignity.
Now important advice for the carer,you have needs too.By Maintaining your own physical & Emotional health,as you will be proned to illnesses under stress.Dont be afraid to accept help,not just from
family & friends but social services & other voluntary organisations/societies.
Why not gain your first aid certifcate a must for all of us weather a carer or not.
ST Johns Ambulance is highly valued for giving care & support in the community as well as offering first aid courses,contact your local ST Johns Ambulance office listed in phone directory.
I wont bore you any more but i feel i must end by saying this to you all
Take pride & satisfaction in the fact that your client is receiving the best care you can provide.

• ms004902 published 05/09/2003
    Can you do me a favour? Could you work on your layout. It is such a shame that your ops are written with such sincerity that people may ne rating low because of this. Please work on the layout and thank you for the advice. SCALAY.
  • tiggerishone published 23/07/2003
    Hi, sorry bout the low rating, your op seemed good but I kept getting lost. Spacing it out a bit and explaining the assessment=activity (or whatever it was) bits a bit better (I didn't get what you were talking about) would improve this. Please leave a message in my GB if you edit this and I'll be happy to re-read and re-rate. Love, Corinne.
  • Benniash published 03/07/2003