Mercedes ML 55 AMG

Mercedes ML 55 AMG

Mercedes M-Class - 4 X 4 - Petrol

Review of "Mercedes ML 55 AMG"

published 21/12/2002 | kvnst
Member since : 21/12/2002
Good
Pro safe
Cons several problems
Road Handling
Features
Fuel consumption
Looks

"Mercedes with Chrystler quality"

Originally I leased an ML55 to use to haul around items from the grocery store or home depot. The first year was not to bad. I had no real problems with the vehicle. Then the second year began. I had to go the dealer to have the breaks replaced. Then the service wrench came on and the car needed service, the dealer's mechanic did not know what was wrong and the car was in for a week. Later in the year the lights on the dash went out. I had to take it in again for service. Luckily these were all covered under the warranty from the manufacturer and the car dealer. I have had just as many problems in the third year if not more, engine problems with some belt spinning. More break problems. I can't wait for the lease to end so I can leave this troubled vehicle with the dealer. It should be noted the I live in California and I frequently drive in the mountains to visit family. This does have an effect on the breaking system.

• ndf9876 published 21/12/2002
    Started well, but this opinion didn't tell me a fraction of what I wanted to know - sorry if this sounds harsh!