Mercedes S 320 CDI

Mercedes S 320 CDI

Mercedes present the Benz S-Class 320 CDI 4dr Saloon with 5 Speed Automatic Gearbox, Rear (RWD) running on Diesel

Review of "Mercedes S 320 CDI"

published 03/11/2003 | winstonep
Member since : 03/08/2000
Pro Comfort and ease of driving
Cons Big and expensive
Road Handling
Features
Fuel consumption
Looks

"Easy comfortable crusing"

I drove this car for the first time yesterday and although I was impressed by its economy (showed 36 mpg better than my E300 ever did!), how quick it was, comfortable and easy to drive, I don't think it has anything to offer me over the E320CDi Elegance.

The interior is virtually identical to the E320 CDi Elegance but more spacious. I don't like the size of the steering wheel either. Its far too big!

It is a nice car to drive and fantastic economy and performance considering the size of the car and engine but then I was happy with the E320 Elegance. My E300 wasn't as good as these cars but then at 5 years old, I wouldn't expect it to be.

Personally, I would go for the E320CDi Elegance estate over this car but then its image that sells the S class more than anything. My advice is test it before you even think about buying it but make sure you take a look at the E class as well.

• winstonep published 19/02/2004
    What detail do you want? There really isn't anything wrong with the diesel engine being in this car. The performance is good but it is noisy when pushed hard such as using the kick down to accelerate hard. There is oodles of room in this car but in the end its not for me. I prefer the E320 Elegance estate instead.
  • ampuk2000 published 08/01/2004
    Sorry for the rating but there isn't enough detail to get any higher. Apart from due to fuel economy I don't see why anyway would want as good a car as an S-class and have a diesel engine. Utter madness!