Mercian Swordfish Junior Composite Hockey Stick

Mercian Swordfish Junior Composite Hockey Stick

Review of "Mercian Swordfish Junior Composite Hockey Stick"

published 18/05/2009 | stupidirriot
Member since : 09/08/2007
Pro Relatively cheap
Cons Had an extremely bad experience, as it broke after 3 matches
Quality of product

"Lightweight and flimsy that was unplayable after 3 matches"

I play hockey on a regular basis and I bought this at the start of the season. My first impression was relatively good, the overall hitting seemed painless with little vibration and the light-weight design was clearly effective for dribbling.
However after my second match I already noticed alot of wear and tear, which was surprising considering i paid £40 for this stick and I was greatly disapointed. The paintwork was falling off and the stick literally seemed to be falling apart, everytime I hit the ball I felt like a 'dudd' - pardon the expression, but I just don't know how else to explain it.
By my third match I was generally just worried whether or not my stick would last, so much so that I took my old stick with me, as well as putting some reinforcement tape on the end of my swordfish. This however didn't seem to help at all, in the second-half I went in to tackle someone who took a massive chunk out of my stick, there was a massive spinter and there was no way I could carry on using this stick. The entire width was now spongy and I was forced too use my old stick for the remaining half of the match.
After the match I took my stick to be refunded, but was turned away as the shop owner couldn't believe the state of the stick.

From personal experience I would never even think about buying this stick again, although I suppose it is relatively cheap and I have seen that a few of the younger members in my hockey club have bought this stick and not been as disspointed.
Hope this helps if you are looking to buy this hockey stick. However my advice is : DON'T!!!!