Review of "Michael Jackson"

published 28/06/2009 | donf18
Member since : 30/11/2000
Pro Simply the best
Cons Hounded by the press

"Exceptional talent"

As with Elvis there is a strong possibility we shall never know the truth of how and why Michael Jackson died, there will of course be all the usual speculation and hype and indeed as there should be there will also be praise, for love him or hate him you cannot take away the fact that he has changed music, and changed the way most of us viewed entertainment. In this short life most of us have found some celebrity to whom we aspire, as many will know mine was Marc Bolan who also was tragically taken whilst still young. At 50 Michael Jackson had in all probability done his best work, but there was a strong belief that the forecast upcoming concerts would be a fitting climax to an exceptional career. I cannot profess to even have a small inkling as to what went on in the mind of this musical genius, but from what little I know I do not believe he would embark on such a large mission unless he thought wholeheartedly that he could do it justice and therefore I have to assume that we have all been stripped of a chance to once more see the maestro in action.

From his humble beginnings and his first performances it was evident that he was something special. The Jackson Five however good they were individually were nothing without the charm and the obvious talent that was Michael Jackson. None of us can presume to know the pressures of being so young and having so much demanded of you, there are but a few who have seen this kind of fame so young, and even fewer who were able to sustain it for almost 50 years. Once he went solo there was no stopping the King of Pop and love him or hate him one must stand up and admire such an awesome talent. He has without doubt set milestones and precedence’s that will be hard for any future attempts at the throne to even remotely have a chance. Most of us will remember Michael for his music and dancing and most of us will probably as we have with Elvis and JFK remember what we were doing and where we were on 25th June 2009 when his untimely death was announced. We will all also still be in awe as we were the first time we were introduced to the Moon Walk, which in anyone’s book is just an awesome piece of entertainment history.

I can’t say that I have many of his albums or indeed singles in my collection, but I can say that he had many songs, which I was very fond of, and even more performances in which like many he held me spellbound with disbelief. I can remember waiting to see the Thriller video, which had been advertisement weeks before, once again I was not disappointed and once again I was blown away with a brilliant performance. In the later years he was more famous for his lifestyle rather than the music, and the press have made up some really ridiculous stories. He was without doubt a troubled young man, but some of the allegations thrust upon him I just can’t believe, I have watched several documentary type tributes to him over the weekend and once I removed all the crap and gumph that the press like to add all I saw was a sad man who had no childhood, who knew nothing but fame and who had a talent that is unlikely to be equalled. What little I can see of the man inside hasn’t changed my opinion of him, he seemed a quite shy man who only wanted to be loved and to love……………….what’s wrong with that. He has undoubtedly filled many hearts with joy and those same hearts are now grieving their idol remembering the good days when he was The King of Pop and put on the type of show you are not going to find ever again. He is of course still the King of Pop and will remain so no matter what. Let us not remember Michael Jackson for the wrong reasons let us remember him as the ultimate performer, and let us remember exactly what he gave us EVERYTHING. We may have lost Michael but Heaven must be rocking now.

• TheHairyGodmother published 06/10/2009
    Great review! Keep them coming!
  • catsholiday published 30/08/2009
    He was indeed an amazingly talented person and all so often these people are tortured souls - very sad I think
  • nikashh published 19/07/2009