Accessory - Wallet

Review of "Michael Kors Bedford Wallet"

published 05/01/2014 | ms19
Member since : 02/03/2002
Rate me and il try to rate you back :-) x
Pro beautiful design, lots of room for cards/coins
Cons it is a bit expensive
Design/Style

"Another Kors Success"

Michael Kors Bedford Wallet

I never used to be bothered about paying a lot for a quality purse and usually would just buy from Accessorize and places like that on the high street. However, I used to find they wouldn't last very long or the zip would break and the quality just wasn't there, my opinion changed after buying my Marc Jacobs purse in Selfridges, I splashed out and had it for a year. It didn't get damaged or anything, I just wanted a new one so I gave it to a family member but quality wise it was as good as when I bought it and so when it came to my next purse I wanted another designer one and I opted for this Michael Kors model I saw in Harrods.

APPEARANCE

This particular wallet comes in either a tan colour or black but I wanted tan for a change as it was lighter and would be easier to find in my bag. There was a lot of choice for Michael Kors purses but I chose this one as it felt nice and felt like good quality, had so much storage space and the design suited me. It is a soft leather material and is lined inside with an MK print which is nice an on the front of the flap is the Michael Kors logo in gold lettering which is lovely and not too much. The dimensions of this purse are H:10 x W:20 x D: 3cm which is about on average the usual size of a purse.
MICHAEL KORS BEDFORD FLAP WALLET

I found when transferring cards etc from my old purse to this purse it was so easy to find space for everything in here. You open it up and the front has room for cards, receipts, bank notes, then behind this is the zip section where coins go and it expands to reveal even more space for storing bank notes, coins and again cards even if you need it to. The section behind that is maybe where you would keep receipts and then behind that is where six more cards will sit. Then behind this, to the back is where you would conceal more money and above that is the back of the flap where again you could keep more cards and on the back of the purse is a pocket maybe for more receipts.

As you can tell, the purse is not short of room for storing things and that's what is so great as I never have problems fitting anything in. The only downside to this purse is that you cannot keep too many coins in here or the purse will expand and be too thick that the flap will not stretch to be able to shut it, so I always keep coins to a minimum since using this but that is not a big issue as you can lay coins flat so the purse will close still. The button closes with ease on this and the zip always works fine and doesn't jam. Embossed into the leather is the Michael Kors logo at the back which is nice.

It is nice that this can be purchased in either black or tan with them being two popular colours, the tan to me just looks great with the gold writing. Even inside the coin section where the zip opens, the branded lining continues and you can tell this has been finished to a high standard. This holds my money safely and I have never felt pushed for space as there is enough room to fit in what I need and the fact it even has room for all of my loyalty cards is brilliant as there is nothing worse than trying to panic search for them at the till but on this purse you can see all card slots with ease.

This purse is said to have room for twelve cards but you can definitely squeeze more than that in here. There really isn't too much more to say about this purse other than it feels so soft and looks really expensive and I love it. I always find everything so easily in here and it fits into my bag without taking up much room. It opens and closes easily, it hasn't faded and keeps its colour fine and having had it for a few months, it hasn't gotten dirty and still looks in great condition. I would happily buy another Michael Kors purse after this as I love the style so much and how well though out space inside is.
COST

You can buy this on a number of online shops but I got mine at Harrods, however their website no longer has this so you may need to go into the store. You can buy online at www.monnierfreres.co.uk for £118.00 for the tan colour and also on www.sinclairsonline.co.uk that charge £125.00 for the black one and tan

The official Michael Kors website is http://www.michaelkors.com/.

• wazza115 published 01/07/2014
    Great review
  • Graygirl published 11/01/2014
    Great review. I can beat catsholiday - I've had my Antler purse for about 28 years, and it's still going strong! x
  • RICHADA published 06/01/2014
    That really is a beautiful looking wallet - but at that price - and from Harrods taboot - I'd expect it to be! R.