Michael Kors Chronograph Watch MK5055 Ladies

Michael Kors Chronograph Watch MK5055 Ladies

Review of "Michael Kors Chronograph Watch MK5055 Ladies"

published 02/04/2013 | katykicker
Member since : 11/12/2005
Back writing & RATING! If you would like to be added to my COT please do let me know :) No need to thank me for E's unless you fancy a chat :)
Pro Looks good, stylish, good price for me, simple to take off, great chronograph.
Cons None.
How comfortable is it to wear?
Range of Features
Look & Feel

"Michael helps me stand out from the crowd!"

Watches are something of a passion of mine. Watches, clothes and perfumes! I love nothing more than a big statement watch that livens up a plain outfit and makes me stand out from the crowd. It is only the last two years or so that I have been interested in watches and this particular one I received last year for my Birthday.

This Michael Kors watch is model number MK5055 and this is displayed on the back of the watch. In addition to this there is the Michael Kors branding, a serial number and details about the water resistance. This particular watch is water resistant to 100M which is something that I have tested several times when I first received this and I wore it to the gym a few times. Now officially you shouldn't wear this for swimming because it could tarnish the bracelet of the watch however I have done this a few times with no adverse affects at all and my watch is around one year old now. Providing the buttons are not pressed when the watch is underwater there is no reason that the water resistancy should fail.

When picking this watch I wanted to pick one of the original signature watches that started to make the Michael Kors brand so big. This is because I had friends who had a couple of the original watches and I wanted to have one too...! This watch costs £229 at present from Ernest Jones and thanks to a company discount my husband was able to pay £160.30 for this - a saving of 30%.

When receiving this watch it came boxed in a brown Michael Kors box with a cushion where the watch sat around. There is also a one year guarantee on the battery and a two year manufacturers guarantee on the inside movement of the watch which is shown by the retailer stamping the back of the watch booklet that comes in the box. In the 11 months that I have had my watch I have not suffered from battery or movement failure and I haven't had this problem with any of my Michael Kors watches - hence delaying this review for a sizeable amount of time to be sure about this.

I had to have some links removed from my watch, 4 for this model, but I have found that the watches seem to have different amounts of links and different space in them depending on the model so usually the amount that I have removed varies from watch to watch. The links are simple to remove, having once removed them myself, but when visiting the jewellers it only takes them a few minutes to measure me, remove the links and place a little bag containing them back in my box.

This watch features a quartz chronograph feature. This displays seconds, minutes (up to 30) and the third hand shows you at a glance roughly what hour it is. There are three buttons on the side of the water, two of which you just depress, and these stop, start and reset the chronograph. The buttons have to be pressed firmly but they aren't difficult to work and even without reading the instructions I worked out how to use the chronograph within a few seconds. The chronograph is accurate and I have not had any problems with it being out of sync. The middle button is a pull out crown that can be pulled out one or two notches to and the date or time and this is simple to use and works very well also.

The dial the chronograph sits on is champagne coloured and really compliments the bracelet of this watch. All around the outside of the watch there are little one second black marked increments that are simple to read and useful if I want to time something for just a few seconds and not have to activate the chronograph.

This watch has an expander clasp that simple requires a quite depress of both sides to open up. This is simple to use and it compliments the bracelet of the watch easily although where the clasp folds up and sits against the bracelet it has started to wear here slightly but I would expect nothing less from a plated watch that is worn on a daily basis and this isn't noticeable to anyone other than myself when I take the watch off and open it up to lay it on the top of my jewellery box (which I do if I know I am going to be wearing it the following day).

This watch is gold plated stainless steel but I have not had any problems with the gold plating rubbing or wearing. I am careful when applying my watch and I never get hand soap, hand cream or perfume on my watch always taking it off when I am cooking or cleaning and generally just doing what I can to protect its longevity.

Overall I am really pleased with this watch. It is quite a fashionable watch and I often get lots of comments from other women asking if I am wearing a Michael Kors and I really feel good when I am wearing this watch. This watch isn't lightweight, at all, but that isn't a problem for me as it does have a metal bracelet and I would expect nothing less. I love the high shine bracelet and this still looks fantastic after almost one year of regular wear. I feel that this watch is the perfect size for me as while it is large on my wrist it isn't soemthing that I find prohibitive as long as the bracelet isn't too tight on my wrist. I have medium sized wrists after weight loss and I find that this watch compliments my wrists fantastically and looks brilliant at all times. This watch catches the light and looks sparkly and lovely without having tons of crystals like some of my other Michael Kors' watches do.

The price of this watch is fantastic, it is very comfortable to wear and it is a long lasting watch that has stood up to being knocked and banged and has hardly any marks on it, just a few light scratches, and the glass still looks as good today as it did when it was brand new. The champagne colours of this watch compliment most items of clothing as well as my wedding rings which is always important to me as I love my yellow gold wedding rings and not all watches go well with them. As I wear my wedding rings every day it is important to me that I find something that is going to compliment them and not look out of place and this watch is perfect for me. I would say that I wear this watch 2 sometimes 3 times a week, sometimes less, but then I do have lots of watches! I enjoy wearing this almost the most out of all of my watches (apart from my Tags) and I am rating this 5 out of 5 stars!

• spiritwood published 02/04/2013
    great review!
  • kiss_me2070 published 02/04/2013
    Great review.
  • Kukana published 02/04/2013
    Looks lovely, but I'd be afraid of losing something that expensive! I haven't worn a watch in years, though.