Microgynon 30 Contraceptive Pill

Microgynon 30 Contraceptive Pill

Female Contraception - Contraceptive Pills

Review of "Microgynon 30 Contraceptive Pill"

published 21/07/2008 | Strawberrygashesgirl
Member since : 20/07/2008
Satisfactory
Pro Birth Control Works, Small and easy-to-swallow
Cons Bad Side-effects - Breast problems, mood swings etc......
Side effects
Strength

"Microgynon - Painful Experience"

I am no longer using microgynon but I was on it for over a year and it did not go so well.

I started off on Loestrin - a pretty weak contraceptive pill to help regulate my periods more than anything. It was not helping so I asked my doctor to put me onto something a bit stronger, he put me on Microgynon.

Now, when it first started out I got on quite well with it. I did notice that my periods were a bit all over the place but I expected that with a new pill.

After a couple of months I started having some bad side effects - my periods started coming once every two weeks, and were lasting for 6-7 days at a time with heavy bleeding for about 5 of them. The cramps were very bad, and I was getting awful night sweats.

I got a more unusual side effect from this pill - I got some breast discharge (the pre-milk stuff apparently) and a really horrible cramping around my breasts and upper arms/arm pits. My doctor thinks this is due to hormones and has now put me on to a new pill to try and stop this from happening but it hasn't worked yet! These cramps were so bad while I was on Microgynon, one time that really got me was when I was at a village fair in a field, I was just walking around and all of a sudden this intense cramping came all over my breasts and armpit area and I just collapsed in pain. I'm not sure but I put it down to the Microgynon as I did start getting breast discharge when I started taking it.

I was also getting very bad mood swings, trying to bite off everyone's heads no matter how nice they were being to me. Since coming off of Microgynon I have been a lot better, the breast problems have calmed down a little although they still hurt. My periods are still not as regular as I'd like but at least I'm not getting twice as many as I should be anymore.

So personally I have not had a very good experience with this pill, although I have heard that it works very well for other people and it is one of the more common contraceptive pills. Just not for me!

• blackmagicstar4 published 21/07/2008
    Good review!1 ive been using it for 3 years and havent had any problems, shame u had a bad experience!! soph x