leofluffy... 5

Member since:10.08.2007

Video reviews:5

Don't forget the pin ;-)

23.09.2007

Advantages:
keeps everything safe and secure, easy to use .

Disadvantages:
tricky when the batteries run out !

20 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. Soho_Black
  2. mintsuper
  3. levenite

MICROMARK DIGITAL SAFE
-----------------------------------------
I noticed a few years ago that makeup, jewellery and other beauty accessories started to go missing. They ended up in my little sister's bedroom. I tried everything from hiding my stuff to literally keeping it in my handbag.

I resented buying new items and then watch them disappear. I worked hard for my money and did not appreciate my thief of a sister taking them. I decided that enough was enough and I needed to buy a secure safe to keep my prized possessions safe.

I looked in a few catalogues and settled on the safe from Woolworths costing £19.99. It did seem expensive at the time but would save me a lot of money in the long run.

SETTING UP AND INSTALLATION
------------------------------------------------
The instructions were well written and easy to follow within a few minutes I had inserted the batteries and set up a memorable code. The safe came with a set of keys in case the batteries went flat. I loved using this safe as I knew my items would be secure from little roaming hands.

The code is easy to insert every time I want to access my belongings. I tried to open my safe the other day and realised that the batteries had run flat and I couldn't get in, luckily enough the keys are easy to use and I still had access to my safe. The key hole is hidden behind a cap, so my sister is unlikely to get in as she is unaware of this hidden feature.

The Safe is about 40cm long by 30cm wide and high. I can fit several items in my safe. I have managed to fit a camera, makeup bag, 3 cans of deodorant and a jewellery container in the safe at one point. It has kept all my belongings safe and secure.

The door is thick and bulky and at times I have managed to crush some of my stuff by cramming too much in. The safe however is large enough for most precious possession and does its job very well.

The safe can be attached to a wall, floor or shelf without too much hassle because the safe has small screw holes. I tend to push the safe under my bed as I lay it flat rather than upright. By laying it flat I can store more items. I found that when placed upright the items would fall out of the safe making it harder to close the heavy, bulky, metal door.

SECURITY
---------------
I have never had any trouble with the security issue. I have often placed highly valuable objects in the safe and failed to get in myself, I have lost my key and forgotten the code in the past and have become quite worried about my stuff. As my property was so well protected there was no way of me getting in without finding the code or keys. This did make me feel happier about the safety of my items. After 3 failed attempts of trying to 'break in' to the safe it will play a continuous beep and warn the owner of 'theft'.

The lock has double locking steal bolts and concealed hinges. The lock is very durable and no amount of bashing, walloping or heavy duty power tool will be able to break in. The safe is very safe.

BATTERIES
-----------------
As the safe is powered by batteries there is a chance they may run out and getting into the safe is impossible without a key. The safe takes 4 x AA batteries which are quite easy and cheap to buy. My safe lasted 3 years before needing replacement batteries. Although there is a warning shown prior to going flat I managed to miss it and was left struggling to access my safe for a few weeks. If like me you manage to lose the key, it will be impossible to retrieve your belongings. The battery compartment is inside the door so you need to open the safe to be able to change the batteries.

I have kept the keys very safe in a place where everyone can see them as I am useless with keys. I always manage to lose them,. This may defeat the object of the safe slightly, however I do know that my items are safer than if they were left in an average drawer/box or left on a shelf.

RESETTING THE CODE
--------------------------------
Luckily the code can only be set from inside the safe. The old code must be inserted first. I have not changed the code as only I know it. I am not afraid of anyone changing the code once the safe is opened so I know it is secure and very safe. The code is easy change if you are the owner and have an instruction book to hand.

SUMMARY
----------------
This safe is useful top a wide variety of people. I bought it due to my problems with my sister however it is secure enough for small businesses to store cash and valuables or larger businesses to store private information or valuable property. I would recommend this item; it is easy to use and is relatively cheap. Now that I am on a diet I have found a better use and that is to store my secret chocolate stash from my partner…shh!

levenite 01.10.2007 17:29

Glad to hear you have found an alternative use for it too.

Wearsidelass 28.09.2007 12:47

I had a similar problem with our safe - run down batteries but luckily we found the key!

ayanayuk 26.09.2007 04:58

Aren't little sisters the bain of our existence. I'll have to get one of these for my partner. She uses standard locking boxes to store valuables but was disturbed when I managed to open one without damaging it in all of 15 secs. Great op too.