Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Review of "Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium"

published 14/07/2011 | TheMegaMiner
Member since : 14/07/2011
Pro Works well, has a nice look, and is very user friendly.
Cons Nothing! (So far...)
Instructions / Help
Ease of Installation
Reliability
Range of extra features / functions

"It's so easy to use, my un-techsavy mom can check Facebook!"

Windows 7! As I quietly type across my slim keyboard on top of a beautiful interface, I can definitely say this is a very top notch operating system!

After being burned by Vista, I was afraid to go back into Windows 7, but I heard some friends talk about rather positively, so I decided to try it out. My XP computer finally died on me, which was sad, but now I'm glad that happened. (Luckily, I was able to save everything on the hardrive!) I picked up a new HP computer about 6 months ago and have never looked back.

First off, setting up Windows 7 was quite easy to do, I was able to get everything up and running under an hour. Since this computer is brand new, the response time is very quick, which I did assume, but I have tried other computers that used to have XP or vista, and in still runs very smoothly.

With the response time, I was also surprised how well the interface worked. It's somewhat like a combo between XP and Vista. It takes what was good about XP, takes it, takes what was bad and good about Vista, improves it, and puts it's own spin on it. Back when I was a teenager, I had to set my mom up with email, or something, but the easy of use is so good she can do everything myself. I'm finally released of my duty! (Getting my own place after college was the best thing I ever did XD )

The new icons on the toolbar, I absolutely love. It keeps them small, but not too small. I like how you can keep bookmarks for your web browsers inside the little icon, as well as how it combines multiple windows into that single icon which I always found frustrating with Vista and XP because you'd always have to have something like 4 or 5 windows up to have them auto-combine. (I bet there was something you could do back with XP or Vista to do that, but I never found anything on that.)

I have successfully installed many programs very easily too, Windows 7 plays nice with many programs and I've found that they haven't had any problems.

I can also say it's great for gaming. It processes things nicely and keeps CPU usage pretty low for most games. Of course, I'm just a casual gamer, but I still find it easy and fun and not a hassle.

Microsoft has certainly recovered from the whole Vista fiasco. Whether they will with their dollar, I'm not sure. It's unfortunate that this couldn't have been out first.

Although, I recommend this to anyone looking to upgrade or get their first computer. Fair to say though, I have not encountered any problems yet. I may have different opinions in the future, but so far, I love Windows 7. That, and so does my mom. ;-D

It works well, has a nice look, and is very user friendly. If you can get it, and let go of XP, you'll definitely be satisfied.