The overall rating of a review is different from a simple average of all individual ratings.
Share this review on
I. General Overview This mouse is a piece of an art, if you don't believe me see it for your self. It is in a very unique and creative style, comfortable for your arm, has many features and navigation buttons, include Tilt wheel and many others. I think this is the best mouse i ever got and i think it will remain for sometime. Also it is wireless, so you can enjoy the wireless freedom of this mouse and browse the internet with its browsing capabilities.
II. Key Features
1) Buttons 1.a. Standard Buttons It include the standard mouse buttons of right and left click, they can be customized to any program or anything you would like for the maximum convenience
1.b. Tilt Scroll Wheel The tilt wheel offers a whole new level of maneuverability. The entire scroll wheel tilts from side to side, acts as a button, and reacts to how quickly you roll the wheel to enable smooth, accurate movement through documents, Web pages, and worksheets. Working with data in a massive worksheet? Just tilt the wheel from side to side to scroll right and left, without having to find and click
tiny scroll arrows Note: The Tilt wheel can act as the third button of the mouse
1.c. Browsing Buttons Browse web pages without clicking the toolbar, or reassign these buttons to perform a common command or keystroke. Note: Avoid accidently pressing the back button while filling in forms to avoid data loss.
2) Battery Life According to microsoft, battery life of the mouse is 6+ months. I just got the mouse 2 months ago and its working fine, so i really can't say is that true or not but one of my friends is working with the same mouse he just changed the batteries after 5 months. So that is very good considering earlier mice developped by the "Microsoft"
3) Colors, Colors and Colors This mouse is available in tons of colors, i may include the picture of the available colors later on, but really it is availabe in tons of colors, so u will find the color of your dream for this mouse and it is also found in many creative non-standard colors.
4) Smart Receiver The smart technology of the reciever automatically detects interference, so you don't have to worry about interruptions or change the channel.
5) Additional Features and Design Ergonomic Design Comfort and performance that is what Ergonomic design means. It is important for more than productivity—how you type, point, and click can also affect your long-term health.
Enhanced Microsoft Optical Technology Optical technology refers to the use of an optical sensor to track mouse movement, rather than the traditional use of mechanical parts. As a result, optical mouse products work on most surfaces and offer you better durability, increased speed and accuracy, and consistent performance. Note: This mouse works on many surfaces, but in many cases it doesnt work on glass, and work somehow irregularly on white mouse pad, but with black or dark ones, it works perfectly.
Left/Right Handed PLEASE note that this mouse is not left and right handed, so please take care when you buy the mouse, to see whether it is left or right handed.
III. System Requirements
Windows XP Home Edition or Professional with a Pentium 233 MHz or higher processor and 128MB of RAM Windows 2000 Professional or Server with a Pentium 133 MHz or higher processor and 128 MB of RAM 35 MB of available hard-disk space for intellipoint software An available PS/2 or USB port (Converter included)
IV. SOFTWARE BUNDLE
It comes with Microsoft Intellpoint software, which is great for this mouse and adds many functionalities and options. I think you will not need any other software than the intellipoint. There is just a small problem i faced in earlier mice, is that it couldnt detect the exact battery life of the mouce. I really dont know if they solved this problem or not. Note: Just check the website of microsoft at http://www.microsoft.com/download for the latest intellipoint software available as the software included in the package could be an earlier version or something.
The only problem that i faced while using this mouse, is that i may accidentaly press the back button, and if u r online and filling a form page, them ur data is gone. It happened to me while i was writting this review and i accidentaly pressed the back buttons, so i had to write it all over again. Actually i wrote it in notepad so it wont be gone :)
VI. PRICE The price is somewhat expensive, but for the features and the design i say it is perfect.
Pictures of Microsoft Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer - mouse
Might have to get one as have been condiering one of these for a while. Good review. Andy
MAFARRIMOND 21.11.2004 11:46
My mouse is playing me up at the moment so I may consider. Maureen
Anarchy182 20.11.2004 18:59
Good review - I'm a little confused over the "right/Left" handedness....are you not able to change the primary and secondary buttons over as on the specificiations its says the buttons are programmable? There's a mouse setting in control panel.... :-) paul