Miele T 7734

Miele T 7734

Freestanding - Front Loading - Max load:6 kg - Electronic with Sensor - Efficiency Class: C, B - Width: 59.5 cm

Review of "Miele T 7734"

published 24/11/2006 | hartplatt
Member since : 08/03/2004
Pro Very Quiet, Efficient, Economical, Drying Options to Suit All Loads, Timer Delay
Cons More expensive to buy initially - but worth every penny ! Slightly more creases than other brands .
Performance
User's Manual
Cleaning & Maintenance

"Miele Tumble Dryer - Quiet and Efficient"

This Tumble dryer is really superb. I have had Bosch and Hotpoint dryers for the last 15 years and been fairly happy with them. Owning the Miele has made me realise what I could have had for all these years!

The Miele dryer is very efficient and has intelligent sensors. It starts off estimating how long the programme will take but then adjusts its timer to automatically suit the moisture content in the drum. This makes it very economical as it always shortens the time.

I have complete control over the programme cycles. The timer delay allows for cheap rate usage at night with the benefit of the quietest machine I have ever heard. We do not get disturbed in the night at all. The functions for extra dry, normal, hand iron, machine iron and low temperature mean that you choose what condition the washing is in when it comes out. It makes ironing easier if the washing is not bone dry!

The programmes include cottons, minimum iron, delicates, woollens/handcare, smoothing, automatic, shirts, denim, Cool air and warm air. This means there is a programme to suit all clothing types and materials.

The instructions recommend small loads for certain programmes but so far I have put full loads in for everything! I think if you want to smooth or minimum iron it would be best to follow their guidance though as the clothes do have a tendency to be a little more creased than other brands. I don't find this a problem if I set the programme to hand or machine iron setting.

There is a timer delay making it cheaper to use at night, an audible buzzer that can be switched off if not required and a warning light to tell you when the air filter needs cleaning off. The latter is not a problem for me as I clean the filter automatically after every load to be safe!

At first I thought the machine looked quite bulky due to the thickness of the door where the filter is housed. It makes the door stand out a little. However it fits perfectly in my galley style kitchen (where space is a premium) and I think I just needed to get used to it as it is a little different.

The machine was simple to install and set up. I already had a vent hole through the wall from my Bosch dryer and fortunately it was in the same place. You can vent it from the bottom, back right corner as you look at the back of the machine or from the bottom rear right side as you look at the back of the machine. The vent is the same for both positions, you just cap off the side or the rear, whichever you don't need.

There is a function with this machine to update the software as and when Miele invent new things or improve anything so it will remain up to date in future.

It was easy to use and set up the first time. The instructions that came with it were very comprehensive and easy to understand.

The free 5 year guarantee offer is worth £206. However, you must register with Miele within 30 days of purchase using a special downloadable form from their website to get this.

I can honestly say that I am over the moon with this product and I can't recommend it highly enough. I know it is a higher initial expense but it is worth every penny.

• venice105 published 24/11/2006
    Sounds impressive, far more high tech than mine! :-) Steff
  • n13roy published 24/11/2006
    I've always found this brand to be very expensive, but I have never had any problems with them at all..........Roy......