Review of "Mightymast Leisure Gemini Table Football"

published 30/10/2017 | danielclark691
Member since : 27/02/2011
The game is over. Time to move onwards and upwards. Feel free to have a cursory glance at my reviews. The rates, comments and competition wins are appreciated, as are the friendships formed because of the site.
Pro High quality, robust, enjoyable, value for money
Cons None
Design

"Mightymast Table Football Game"

Mightymast Leisure Gemini Table Football

Mightymast Leisure Gemini Table Football

First impressions

If you have a games room then you are obliged to stock it with some of the finest table top games around. A pool/snooker table is a must, along with a dart board and table football! The table football game we have here is the Mightymast Table Football Game, and this is a table constructed from wood, with a nice light wood veneer to it.

Looks are important with something like this, but to be honest my first and main concern was the quality and how robust it would be. I remember having a cheap verison of this very game as a youngster, and the legs on it remind me of ‘Mr Skinnylegs’ (the giant spider) that my nephew owns. These chunky legs are supported with 2 metal struts, and the table is rock solid.

My experience

Each player is given 4 handles with rubber grips on them. One immediate negative I noticed was that you can control the other players’ ‘men’ because you can push and twist their rods aswell! Concentrating on your own guys you can control your goalkeeper on his own rod, along with the 2 defenders, 5 across the middle and 3 strikers.

With the attacking-minded layout of the players you have to fancy the attacking team when you manage to navigate past the halfway point and the opposition midfield. With 2 balls supplied there will be no problems if you happen to lose one of them, though these can be picked up cheaply for a few pounds online anyway.

We have a hole at either side of the centre circle, and the balls can be fed in once a goal is scored, giving neither player an advantage upon restart. With the rules of the game very simple to understand it is time to get kicking that ball! Remember, no spinning your grips! The action must all be from the wrist, and any ‘spinning’ is seen as cheating and not tactical or skillful at all!

The quality of this table is high, and I am very confident that it will last a good few years. The solid supports have rubber bases to prevent them from marking your floor, in addition to providing grip to keep the table in place. We can score the game with the counters at either end of the pitch, and all we need now is a stool for my nephew until he is old enough to see the game on his own 2 feet! For now I am happy to give him this handicap, as I can then inform him he has scored lost and lots of goals!

This table measures 122cm in length when constructed, with a width of 61cm and height of 81cm. The table does require construction, but this isn’t much hassle as there are just a few bolts to attach the legs to the table. Weighing in at 22KG when built this table can be moved easily enough, but it is heavy enough to stay still when you play.

Price and availability

A small number of online retailers stock this product, and you can buy it for just £84.99 from Sweatband through the Amazon website. I think this is an absolute bargain! I am unaware of any high street retailers that stock this product, but there is a chance you will find it available somewhere, and the manufacturer could be contacted if you wish to source one at short notice.

Final thoughts

The Mightymast Table Football Game is great fun for all ages, though when my nephew is a little taller he will be able to see what he is doing! This is a tough and durable table football game, and when I was a child we had one that was very flimsy in comparison. These wooden construction games tables are better quality than the plastic ones you sometimes see, and the quality is clear to see.

For the money I think this product is well worth looking out for online. You can buy cheaper versions from other brands, but I couldn’t vouch for their quality or value. What I do know is that this one has the approval of a very eager young man in the shape of my nephew!

• Secre published 21/11/2017
    Sounds worth the money!
  • RICHADA published 04/11/2017
    That's a heck of a lot of game for £85.....that was a surprise! R.
  • Candyperfumegirl published 03/11/2017