Review of "Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates (DVD)"

published 14/07/2017 | Sparky43352
Member since : 12/10/2015
Pro brilliant cast, funny plot line
Cons bad soundtrack
Did you enjoy it?
Story
Characters / Performances
Special Effects
Soundtrack

"Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates (Review)"

MIKE AND DAVE NEED WEDDING DATES

**DISCLAIMER- I am only reviewing the film itself, not the DVD so will not be discussing any of the DVD features**

CAST

In my opinion, this movie had an amazing cast which I will list below. I thought each character was hilarious and the actors were brilliant.

Zac Efron - Dave
Adam Devine - Mike
Anna Kendrick - Alice
Aubrey Plaza - Tatiana

STORY

Mike and Dave are brothers who have a habit of ruining all family occassions and are set a challenge to find two dates to their sister's wedding. They host auditions online to find their dates and are seen on TV by Tatiana and Alice who are only interested on a free trip to Hawaii for the wedding.
SUITABLE?

I definitely don't think this movie is suitable for anyone under the age of 16 for 4 reasons. Firstly, there was a lot of sexual content which is portrayed comedically but is very graphic, there are also many innuendos throughout the movie. There is also loads of nudity including full frontal nudity. The use of drugs and alcohol are shown but is not exactly condoning substance use. Characters smoke marijuana and take ecstasy which leads to 2 females stripping naked while under its influence, there is also a lot of drinking between the characters. Finally, there is a lot of strong language but not as bad as some other movies.

MY OPINION

I really enjoyed this movie. The characters was portrayed well, and it had a funny plot line. There were some really good laugh out loud moments but sometimes the sexual humour is overdone. I didn't notice any songs so I didn't think the soundtrack was great. I also thought it was quite stereotypical in the way that it stereotypes young females and males. Overall I would definitely recommend it, it was brilliant and I would definitely watch it again.

Please rate if you found this review helpful and any criticism or advice for future reviews would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

• kiss_me2070 published 17/07/2017