Milan in general

Milan in general

Review of "Milan in general"

published 18/09/2016 | athirapanicker
Member since : 18/03/2016
Good
Pro NIghtlife, cheap transportation, well connected, quality of education,shopping
Cons Crowded, Not-so-friendly people, expensive,
Sightseeing
Shopping
Nightlife
Ease of getting around

"Student life for 2 years."

Politecnico di milano leonardo campus

Politecnico di milano leonardo campus

I started university for Masters degree in Milan in 2014. During my first encounters with Milanese people, I almost judged them to be rude. And they could be, at times.Once i started making friends and learning a bit of italian for basic conversations that changed almost completely. I was fascinated by the city, especially the Duomo when I first set foot in Milan. As soon as i started visiting other places in Italy,my fascination started fading. I once heard from an Italian I was traveling with that "There is always something amazing to see in any small italian village ,some amazing history and architecture..,except for Milan". Which could be true to an extend.
The main places would be Duomo, castello sforzesco, and Duomo..and Castello sforzesco... and via Montenapoleone for high end shopping (like 'sell a kidney ,buy a tie' kind of shopping).. Oh! and did i tell you about duomo and Castello.? Well, thats it. There are a few good museums too if you're interested.
Nevertheless, being a young student i like the nightlife. My favourite places are:
For good aperitivo and young crowd : Navigli, Colonne, Corso Como, Brera
For shopping: Corso Vittorio Emanuele, Via torino,Via Beunos Aires
Farmers market:Naviglio grande, San donato
Nightlife: Corso como, Garibaldi,Navigli,Arco della pace
Being a student I like the public transport which isn't expensive. For example, a 1.5 euro urban ticket can get you around the city for 1.5 hours. And if you are under 26, a 20 euro per month pass can ensure free transportation inside the urban limits. This is a blessing.
It is also well connected by regional and fast trains (Trenitalia and the Freccia's) to almost all the major cities.
The downside is the cost of living. Expensive apartments inside the city limits. So if you need to make Milan your base for visiting other cities around, it wouldn't be a good idea unless its way outside the city or an off-season.

Overall, I have a special attachment to Milan only because its has been my home for 2 years and the city has slowly started to grow on me. I'm sure it could be your favourite place, given enough time. Like maybe in less than half your lifetime.

• forpickeup published 20/09/2016
    beautiful.
  • 1st2thebar published 18/09/2016
    Requires an edit.
  • mumsymary published 18/09/2016
    Needs more adding , tip read others to find out how much and what info to give Also read others and they will mostly read your reviews

Product Information : Milan in general