Millies Cookies

Millies Cookies

Review of "Millies Cookies"

published 06/03/2012 | babycakes17
Member since : 19/06/2010
Pro YUM!
Cons high calorie content
Product Quality
Product package
Taste

"Millies Cookies...just yum!"

Whenever we visit the Trafford Centre, one thing that we always do is visit Millies Cookies to treat ourselves to the amazing range of cookies they offer. In fact, on our last visit we purposely looked online to see if there was a voucher as quite often there are some really good deals on which makes tackling the crowds there worthwhile!

Millies Cookies is a fantastic little store, I say store, its more like a food stand. It was founded in 1985 and you will find stores (and stands) up and down the country. You instantly know when you are near a Millies as you can smell the cookies aroma from quite a distance and it just smells amazing!! Millies make the most amazing cookies imaginable and the smell of them is just so enticing. The cookies are all on display in a large glass cabinet, each with a small sign in front showing the different flavours, including:

Milk Chocolate (chunks of milk chocolate)
White Chocolate (chunks of white chocolate)
Double Chocolate (seriously chocolatey)
Chocolate and Toffee (toffee and chunky chocolate chips)
Raspberry and White Chocolate (raspberry and white chocolate pieces)
Oatmeal and Raisin (wholesome oatmeal and sweet raisins)
Chocolate and Orange (smooth chocolate and tangy orange)
Cherry (cherry pieces)
Banoffee (combination of banana and toffee)
Dark Chocolate (dark chocolate pieces)

It does seem to vary in different area's the kinds of cookies you will find as some we have found in the Trafford Centre have not been available in Liverpool for example where my brother goes!

Also available are large cookies which can be decorated with a message of your choice. I think these are a lovely gift idea and makes a real change from a standard cake.

Millies also do delicious muffins:

Blueberry
Milk Chocolate
Double Chocolate
Lemon Meringue
Raspberry
Banoffee

In addition to these products, there are also treats:
Cookie Pop - a delicious sweetie covered cookie on a stick. When one of these is purchased, Millies donate to Childline which I think is an added incentive to buy one of these pops!.

Cookie Whirl - a yummy cookie topped with a dollop of swirly icing.

Heart Whirls - same as cookie whirl but heart shaped.

Mini Bites - mini cookies.

On our last visit we came across Cookie Cupcakes which are small cupcakes which are made out of cookies and topped with a delicious creamy topping with various sprinkles on the top.

Prices:

One Muffin - £1.19
Four Muffins - £4.99

Cookies Treat Box - 12 cookies for £5.99 and 24 cookies for £9.99

Celebration Cookie - from £11.99

There are also offers in which you can get two cookies (or one muffin) and a 500ml bottled drink for £2.69.

In addition to the food they supply, there is also a range of hot and cold drinks as well as ice cream.

The nutritional value in these cookies really isn't all that great, ranging from around 169 - 191 calories per cookie and around 9g of fat per cookie. So it is quite high!

Millies cookies are the ultimate indulgent treat, and it is a rare treat that I get them which makes them all the more enjoyable when I do! Recently, my friend had a voucher in which if you bought a Cookie Treat Box (12) you get one free so we decided to take the offer up and pay just £3.00 each for twelve cookies so we got a real bargain!

I haven't tried all the flavours, but have to admit that I have sampled most of them! My favourite was the toffee popcorn cookie but that is no longer available sadly :( . I really like how the cookies just melt in your mouth and stay soft whereas some other cookies I have tried can go a little hard. In each cookie there are chunks of chocolate which I think are really generous and they are just packed with flavour. As the toffee popcorn ones are no longer available I tend to opt for the double choc ones or the cherry (which have good chunks of cherry in along with an almond taste.....YUM).

All in all I cannot recommend Millies Cookies highly enough, due to the expense I would say they should be for a treat, (especially when considering the fat and calorie content in them). They are totally delicious and extremely moreish and I am yet to speak to someone who doesn't actually like at least one of these cookies!

Thank you for reading my review.

• supersonic75 published 20/03/2012
    E x
  • mumsymary published 07/03/2012
    woul;d go down nicely with the cup of tea I am drinking now
  • louisechackett published 07/03/2012