Mira Vigour Power Shower

Mira Vigour Power Shower

Shower/Shower Kit - Available in: White & Chrome - Available as: Power Shower

Review of "Mira Vigour Power Shower"

published 11/09/2017 | thedevilinme
Member since : 13/05/2008
Product proving has seen reviews collapse . Need to help new members get going
Good
Pro Dos thee job
Cons Not cheap

"Whats a shower without a pretty lady to clean ;-("

Mira Vigour Power Shower..

Mira Vigour Power Shower..

So I am in the shower and slip for the umpteenth time on the soapy bath floor but this time grab the shower head for some reason and it snaps off. I’m too young and vain to be having a bath mat. The crack is in exactly the wrong place and the pressure is forcing the water out below the bit where the nozzle is on the hand held bit. I have tried the superglue to plug the leak and waterproof tape from the pound shop but no luck. So it was time for a new one. That would not be cheap. We have had it a while and it was making strange noises and occasionally not starting so for the best. You don’t really want electricity meeting water in the shower. Think James Bond and the radio.

I prefer showers to bath times and about a ratio of 10:1 in favor of showers. A shower in the winter with the bathroom heater costing 80 p a minute in a cold house is not fun when you get in and out.
Baths are best when you have a beautiful girl in there to play with under the bubbles. There are five or six Ciao girls I would like to share a bath with but I’m not saying, mainly because they will punch me in the face. I even offered to take the plug end. I have shared a shower with a ciao girl but that secret will never be known.

Back to the reviewing bit and the Mira Vigor power shower rang is not cheap. But we have hard water in our area so we can’t rally get away with a cheap one. We need certain types to stop them bunging up with lime scale. This one was £175 but B&Q paid for it to be plumbed in by their people, which saved a few quid and only took an hour. It’s the type of thing you could actually do with a YouTube tutorial as fairly easy to do but make sure the power is off. It’s one of those jobs that looks harder and challenging than it actually is but as it involves water and electricity meeting best not.

We have to pull the chord to start the boiler and then you press the on button on the new shower block to get going. The spray is quite wide so make sure your shower curtain is low enough. As I say we have the shower over the bath so important for full waterproofing on the tiles to stop the water going through the floor into the kitchen blow. There are a few colors you can have it in but white is the most common. For some reason we like pastille colors in the bathroom.

The flow is quite strong and the shower has setting for temperature, speed of water and an eco setting. You can take the showered grip off the wall and clean your body that way. It’s not as powerful as the last shower but fine with me. When you have the temp just right it’s always an ‘eek’ moment when you have to do the back of, and the top of, your back and neck so nothing changes there, the head tilt ideal for that. I think it’s also fair to say it doesn’t matter how new your power shower is it’s always hard to get the temperature just right and the dials are as sensitive as trying to tune in Radio Luxembourg in the 1970s and 80s. It’s not too sensitive with the colder settings and so no shocks there. I’m not a fan of cold showers even in the summer.

I would say this is a mid budget price and range and you need to vector in that final spend with the plumber. It is only a shower and the delivery of warm water at speed. Wilkinson’s do a cheap range if money is tight. I saw this model for less in Argos but no free plumb. Checkout B&Q on those free fitting deals on certain appliances.

So far I am enjoying my new shower and getting used to the less powerful but wider spray. The previous one could strip paint when in a mood. I have not yet persuaded a beautiful girl in there and must admit I do prefer shower times that way (any offers please leave a message ;-)) . They do say you can judge just how good looking a person is when they have been under the shower for a while. But once the shampoo comes out who cares! I met this nice South African lady last month and so maybe she can christen it.

• LiveMusicLoverLyn published 08/10/2017