Mitsubishi Pajero 4x4 Import

Mitsubishi Pajero 4x4 Import

4 X 4 - Petrol

Review of "Mitsubishi Pajero 4x4 Import"

published 22/08/2006 | AnnieB11
Member since : 08/01/2006
Pro Great driving view, goes anywhere, stylish too
Cons can be costly on diesel around town
Road Handling
Features
Fuel consumption
Looks

"Best Yet"

This is the fist 4 x 4 I have ever owned - not a new one its 14 years old!! a Japanese import in immaculate condition with only 50000 kilometres on the clock. It is a 2.5 inter cooler and has so many extras compared to standard British cars I just couldn't believe it. Air conditioning/climate control, central locking, cd player, and so many gadets I've still not used them all the dashboard looks like an aeroplanes flight deck !!! Fully electric windows, electric heated mirrors that fold in when parking or going through narrow gaps - great. Sun roof, adjustable suspension, seat memory, alloy wheels, over drive (not too sure how to use this yet), I love the variable speed window wipers, I use this more than any other gadet, no more squeaking window blades when the rain is not coming down too fast but fast enough for you to need to use the wipers ocassionally. All in all I am so impressed. I was persuaded to have this by my husband for using with the horses we have. I have for the first time towed our horse box - no mean feat - it was so easy I couldn't believe.

The rear seats fold flat giving loads of space - I even keep a dog cage permanently in the back and still have room for my monthly shop!!

Actually driving it is so easy, you are high up and so have a great view of the world around you, the mirrors give good all round view and I love the little mirror on the bonnet which show the kerb, my parking is so much better now !!!! It is big and this did un-nerve me at first, but having got used to it I feel so much safer now, the car is solid and well built so if I do get hit by another car I don't think I'll have too much to worry about it gives so much more protection. Those huge lorries on the motorway are much less intimidating now..........

It has good exceleration - this surprised me too - I did expect it to be slow.

Just a couple of downsides, I am quite small so I could do with extra steps to help get in to it and if not driven with care it can use a lot of fuel. Also had to have an immobiliser fitted before I could get it insured.

Now I know all about the 4 x 4 moms doing the school run, but I promise I'm not one of those and really use my Pajero to its full potential and enjoy every driving minute and I will definately stay with the Pajero when replacing this one.

• dancomp published 23/08/2006
    Short review - unfortunate name though, "Pajero" in many parts of south america and some parts of Spain is a colloquialism for ahem - Merchant banker. The most unintentionally funny car name for Spaniards since the Datsun Nova (No Va = No go)
  • x-staz-x published 22/08/2006
    Good review. staz x
  • bengar published 22/08/2006
    you might be safe - what about hitting other people tho? and environmental consideration...? not to put a dampener on your excitement...pretty good review tho