MoYou Stamping Nail Art Plate Collection

Community images

MoYou Stamping Nail Art Plate Collection

> Show product information

100% positive

2 reviews from the community

Review of "MoYou Stamping Nail Art Plate Collection"

published 26/09/2017 | beautybuff
Member since : 22/03/2014
Reviews : 1206
Members who trust : 59
About me :
Enjoying life, busy working full time and having fun with my family and always on the lookout for new beauty innovations!
Excellent
Pro a bit different
Cons probably not for everyone
very helpful
Value for Money
Conditioning
Strengthening

"MoYou are Stamping Pros"

MoYou Stamping Nail Art Plate Collection

MoYou Stamping Nail Art Plate Collection

I found that Boots were selling off their MoYou sets at £5.75 when they are normally £23 so I bought them all as I knew friends that would also like them. MoYou is a bit of a specialist subject when it comes to nail art, you paint your nails then stamp a pattern on them using the MoYou plates and tools.

What do you get in this collection?
Included in the Mother Nature set is two stamping plates that have a continuous pattern on them (a bit like a tattoo pattern) of birds, trees and a peacock with its feathers fanned out. (You choose an area from the pattern to stamp on your nails). You get three of their special Mo You stamping nail polishes which are a little thicker than a normal polish. You get white, turquoise and purple to stamp with. Finally a stamper and a scraper. My scraper has a cute pug picture on it which is unbelievably cute!

How do you use it?
First you paint your nails in a contrast colour to the one you plan to stamp with. Then peel off the blue plastic from the plate the first time and keep some nail polish remover handy for wiping the plates and tools. You dab polish on the part of the plate you wish to stamp the pattern from and scrape off the excess before rolling the stamper across the pattern then just apply to the stamper on to the nail, again rolling it over to apply the pattern to the nail.

Another way
Another way to do this is to paint clear fast drying polish on the stamp and make a sort of sticker for the nail. When it is dry you can pick it off the stamper with some tweezers then stick it on to the nail. You can hand paint or tint the picture then too. I've tried this with a stained glass effect and it worked really well.

My thoughts
I love the plates that came with this set (I also got two other sets with plates that have separate images on them rather than the continual pattern you get with the Mother Nature set), I have found the stamper too squishy to work with so use a more firm one I got from another brand. It has been suggested that the stamp pad needs priming with a light grit nail file but I am not sure I will bother doing this. It has not prevented me from using the set although I can see it may not work for people who only own this set and can't get it to work because of the squishy stamper.

Clean up
Clean up is important to keep the MoYou plate in good condition. It's very simple though. I use lint free cotton wool soaked in normal remover to clean up the plates, being careful not to wreck my freshly painted manicure.

Top coat
I always use a clear fast drying top coat (not included in this set) as I've usually spent a good while doing this nail art and I want it to last.

Price
I got a bargain with this at under £6 it was a great buy. I posted a picture of the shelf price on a nails group on Facebook and nearly started World War three with the ensuing stampede to Boots and fallout from those disappointed that their local store did not have the discounted sets. I guess I was lucky mine did and probably helped by the fact that more than 99 percent of shoppers to the store would not have had a clue what to do with them and the other 1 percent don't even paint their nails anyway!!

Final word
This set is a great gift for creative arty types and you don't really need long nails to do this although it helps if you want to cram a bit more of the pattern on to the nail, the bigger the nail, more picture you can squeeze on. I like that you can pick out features from the plates like the different birds on them or butterflies and do something different on each nail.

Community evaluation

This review was read 95 times and was rated at
84% :
> How to understand evaluation of this review
very helpful

Comments on this review

  • euphie published 01/10/2017
    vh :o)
  • NBCMad92 published 28/09/2017
    Great
  • justarube published 28/09/2017
    Lovely
  • Did you find this review interesting? Do you have any questions? Sign into your Ciao account to leave the author a comment. Log in

Most popular similar products

Product Information : MoYou Stamping Nail Art Plate Collection

Manufacturer's product description

Product Details

Manufacturer: MoYou

Type: Nail Art

Ciao

Listed on Ciao since: 02/05/2015