Moben Kitchens

Moben Kitchens

Kitchen Company

Review of "Moben Kitchens"

published 11/12/2006 | kitchenhell
Member since : 10/12/2006
Pro They'll still be around next year, so it's worth taking them to court.
Cons Court may be the only way to get fair compensation.

"If you're thinking of a Moben kitchen, don't!"

Moben tell you yourespecial but they give you kitchenhell says malcwalker :
They promised me a high quality kitchen installation which would take about two weeks including removal of old kitchen, fitting new kitchen including appliances, replastering as necessary and some wall tiling.
The installation took about 19 weeks; it would have taken longer if I'd not chased them on numerous occasions.
The kitchen units are nothing special and there were numerous minor issues during installation which have mostly been fixed. They don't know the meaning of 'clean and tidy' so expect a mess.
But the main problems were with plastering and tiling. The plastering was abysmal and the mess was amazing. But the tiling had to be seen to be believed; it looked like it had been done by a 3 year old or by a drunk (maybe a drunken 3 year old?).
I eventually persuaded Moben to remove all the tiles and have another go. This required some more plastering and mess first.
Now they've finished their work I'm left with a mediocre kitchen and I've spent hours and hours with Polyfilla and a sander improving their poor plasterwork.
Moben promise 'Full Project Management' but they have their own definition of what that means and it's different from the generally accepted definition.
I've asked Moben for compensation of approximately half the kitchen cost. They probably won't pay - so I'll need to take them to the County Court.
My advice would be to read lots of reviews before choosing a kitchen company.