Mobility bus pass

Mobility bus pass

Review of "Mobility bus pass"

published 27/08/2004 | PlaceboFan
Member since : 04/07/2004
Pro Encourages disabled to use public transport
Cons Save money if you already do!!
Quality of Rooms
Customer service
Frequency of bus / buses
Speed

"Get out and about with First!"

The idea of a free bus pass, its great!! Yea ok, so it is only £2.20 for an off peak all day ticket, but if your travelling all week, so that puts it up to £11 for a First Week ticket. But what about when First bus was Kelvin Central? They didn't offer all day tickets, or return tickets, it was just your basic fare, which in comparison to an all day or a return ticket was rather expensive.

So....a free bus pass? This is a revolutionary idea, now it encourages disabled people to get out and about and they can use public transport for free!! Now, if you already use public transport and your disabled, then why the hell not get if for free?

Its just a small ticket (size of a credit card). You just show the driver when getting on the bus and you recieve a ticket, just like every other passenger, it says Conc £0.00 yay a free journey!!

The ticket which I hold entitles me to travel all over Scotland on participating buses, ferries, trains and the underground. So since my bf (db163) lives in Aberdeen and I in Glasgow, I can travel up here on Scotrails service at a normal cost of £42 but yay I get it for free.

This pass however, does not entitle you to travel on excursions or tours but most buses accept it. Generally its all SPT (Scottish Passenger Transport) services that accept the pass. I was happy to find out that some Scottish Pullman and McKindless express buses accept the bus pass, so rather than get a bus that would take on average an hour and a half, its far more easier to catch the express bus and only be on it for 30mins. Unfortunetly I don't always have the luck in getting this bus as it doesn't go to my house, but if I'm ever going almost to mine, then it's always good, saves me some time and yay its free!! Just realised the last time I went to the hospital I had to get the train and bus, when I could have just got an express bus...damn!!

Anyway, the pass is good, easy to carry around, most diabled people are entitled to some form of bus pass although not all are like mine as most are only available for bus only, but yay for me cos I can get trains and everything.

Ease of use is simple, just show the driver/conductor the pass and you're away.

At some stations ticketgates are in use and so you have to find a member of staff to show the pass to before you can pass through the gate, rather than just insert it into the gate, this can be annoying when in a rush, as I usually am. 9 our of 10 times things run smoothly.

If the pass is lost/stolen its pretty simple to get another, you just have to go visit the SPT centre and they ask for another passport sized photo and they take some details just to make sure who you say you are and vous-la, the new pass is out to you in less than 2 weeks.

From time to time some drivers do not recognise the pass but if you just explain what it is there's no problem.

On the back of the pass are terms of use, so if any further confusion were to arise just reading these 5 or 6 terms, then all becomes apparent.

Well what more to say? Its a bus pass, its free? And let's be honest it does benefit the disabled, as its encouraging to use public transport, most of which is disabled friendly, so if you've got a pass and you don't use it, then maybe you should.

I have had a pass for around 4 years and never really encountered any major problems.....

Definetly worth the money....its free! ;)

• lilro published 22/09/2004
    very good review
  • PlaceboFan published 29/08/2004
    Thanks to those who commented PlaceboFan x
  • ElizaF published 28/08/2004
    what a good idea these are :) xx E.

Product Information : Mobility bus pass