Moleskine Sketch Book

Moleskine Sketch Book

Moleskine Sketch Book Pages: 80 pages of top-quality white paper Size: 3.5 x 5.5" (9 x 14 cm).

Review of "Moleskine Sketch Book"

published 19/10/2009 | Nixu1980
Member since : 15/10/2009
Good
Pro Beautifully made, good paperweight
Cons Quality of the paper not versatile enough

"Great brand... not so great sketchbook"

Moleskine was the book of choice for Hemmingway so I go with it for most things be it a small pocket notebook or in this case a large sketchbook. I have to say, as a sketch book, I was a little disappointed and I would probably look to other brands.

The main problem is the paper. It is of a good weight but it is just not versatile enough for all sketch book needs given the almost glossy finish of the paper and how smooth it is. This is just not workable for anything beyond pen or pencil as there is just no texture to the paper.

At about 100 pages per book it is also incredibly overpriced for what you get. It does come beautifully bound with an elastic strap keeping it shut and once complete, looks lovely on a shelf, etc... I don't think this justifies the price though, especially given the quality of the paper. I would look elsewhere.