Molton Brown Heavenly Gingerlily

Molton Brown Heavenly Gingerlily

Shower Gel / Body Scrub

Review of "Molton Brown Heavenly Gingerlily"

published 11/04/2007 | keaniebean24
Member since : 28/02/2007
Good
Pro The name looks good on your bathroom shelf.
Cons An expensive let down

"Not so Heavenly Gingerlily."

O.K. rewind to Christmas. The inlaws, brother-in-law and girlfriend have come over to do that Christmas thing that to be honnest I would quite happily live without, but thats another review. The presents are swapped and I'm opening mine. I am absolutly guaranteed toiletries and this year didnt dissappoint. They clearly think I stink, which I can assure you now I dont, but they also have never really taken the time to get to know me so its usually a safe option to buy toiletries.

I am pleasently surprised when I open what is a set of Molten Brown products, but the one I am going to review here is called heavenly gingerlily moisture bath and shower. No I havent missed off a word, maybe they just couldnt afford to have the gel or wash bit added on, or maybe its an attempt to make it look sophisticated and intriguing, so you dont quite know what your going to get, as it were. Vey impressive on first glance, but as I'm not a name queen it gets put aside, thankyou's said and on with the more important part of Christmas, ie. the kids.

So now here we are April and I return to my Molten Brown shower gel, mine is a 100ml bottle as it came as part of a set. Individually they are sold in 300ml bottles and retail at £15 each. The packaging is clear plastic with a plastic silver effect screw top lid which has Molten Brown embossed around it. Their logo is also on the front of the bottle with London in smaller writing below which is all in slightly raised creamy orange writing. The name of the product appears towards the base of the bottle along with the volume. On the reverse of the bottle is a flower logo, the adress and website of Molten Brown, to the left side of that is the ingredients and then to the right of that is a small description of what to expect. I will include that description to so you are informed and can make your own opinion on it.

" Bathe the senses with exoctic gingerlily. Richly moisturising oils leavethe skin refreshed, luxuriously smooth and infused with an intoxicating aroma. Oils of Tamanu and macadamia nut have been used for thier enriching and moisturising properties."

I take my bottle to the shower, strip my 5 foot 8 body of its attire ( I'm just setting the scene you know) and like a maiden in the mist immerse myself in the waterfall of the shower. I open the bottle and am greeted by a pleasent but not overpowering smell, fresh and quite exotic too. O.K. its good so far. I pour a little of the gingery coloured liquid into the palm of my hand and starting at the top work my way down my 36-24-36 body. O.K.I know but we can all dream cant we.

The consistency is average, but alarmingly the smell has dissappeared totally and the lather is nothing better than poor. The saving grace of this moment is the feel of the shower gel on my skin. It didnt slide off, instantly being washed down the plug hole like so many shower gels do, but stayed on my skin long enough to lather up, even if that was really dissappointing. The moisturising properties are insantly noticeable and this marks it out from cheaper products on the market. Yet I cant help but feel let down by this product. Its name and price tag should have meant it was perfect in every way.

The smell was nice in the bottle but vanished too quickly on application. The lather produced was pathetic and the price is next to extortion. The texture and after effect on the skin are good which I presume is down to the Tamanu nut oil from Tahiti but it is still not worth the price. I wouldnt recommend it to be honnest, despite apparently being one of Molten Browns best sellers according to the information on their website www.moltenbrown.co.uk.

If you do like the product then also avaliable is a body cream £15 for 200ml, an air candela ( smelly candle) £49 for 80 hours burning time and a shimmer oil £30 for 100ml.

Final thoughts - a nice present but I would never pay that much for this product.

Thanks for reading, Sarah.x

• gizmogizmo published 02/05/2007
    I was drooling over this the other day.... so glad I didn't invest!! a great review xx
  • jo145 published 25/04/2007
    I had a bottle too, I must check it out! Using Radox at present! Jo x
  • sghawken published 24/04/2007
    Get you with your 5'8 worth of strip ;o) For the record were the same height ;o)