Molton Brown Relaxing Yuan Zhi Bath and Shower Gel

Molton Brown Relaxing Yuan Zhi Bath and Shower Gel

Review of "Molton Brown Relaxing Yuan Zhi Bath and Shower Gel"

published 14/10/2010 | Calla76
Member since : 14/07/2010
Thank you for all the reads and rates!
Pro Looks, smells and feels gorgeous
Cons Expensive!
Does it smell good?

"A little luxury from Molton Brown"

When I began writing this review, my first peice of research was to find our what yuan zhi is/means. Somethng deep and meaningful - surely? But according to google he's a Chinese volleyball player. Now I don't know if this bath and shower gel is named after him, but I'm guessing probably not.

A little further research told me that yuan zhi is in fact a wild plant from South China that is used to balance energy and soothe the spirit. This gel also contains mango oil, which is an anti-oxidant skin conditioner, as well as rose and vanilla.

The gel can be used as a shower gel or bath foam, and is intended to help you destress and relax, and is good to use before bed to help you get a peaceful night's sleep.

As with all Molton Brown products, this gel comes in lovely, expensive looking packaging - which it darn well should at £17 for a 300ml bottle! The bottle is see-through and the beautiful purple colour of the gel inside makes the product look even more luxurious. It is definitely a nice product to display in your bathroom.

I tried this out in the shower. The gel is extremely thick and very rich, and you really need very little. It lathers up nicely and feels luxurious on the body. It is a real pleasure to use, and the scent is quite exotic and musky - not like any other products I've used. I didn't detect the rose or vanilla in here, but there is a slight floral undertone to the fragrance, and it leaves skin smelling lovely and feeling soft and moisturised after use.

Sadly the price of this product is off-putting, and I have to say it isn't something I would splash out on for myself - I was lucky enough to receive this as a gift. But you do need very little so I think it would last a lot longer than other, cheaper shower gels, so this could help justify the cost! I'm also really looking forward to trying this out in the bath as I think it will make a really luxurious bath soak.

Overall, a lovely, expensive looking and feeling product.

Summary: A lovely product if you can afford it!

• paulpry118 published 17/10/2010
    We had some complimentry Molton Brown toiletries on a recent hotel stop and to be honest I didn't rate any of them that much
  • hannahmc3 published 15/10/2010
    Great review!
  • daniella2010 published 14/10/2010
    I like Molten Brown but it is significantly over priced. I've not smelt this one before - nicely reviewed