Molton Brown Relaxing Yuan Zhi Bath and Shower Gel

Molton Brown Relaxing Yuan Zhi Bath and Shower Gel

Review of "Molton Brown Relaxing Yuan Zhi Bath and Shower Gel"

published 04/05/2012 | danielclark691
Member since : 27/02/2011
Due to time constraints, I am unlikely to be able to find the time to rate members that have received 3 times as many rates as they have given, apologies.
Good
Pro Relaxing fragrance, calming effect, moisturises skin.
Cons Cost.
Does it smell good?

"Is this really the best you can get for this price?"

In the past I have had a bad experience with Molton Brown as I wrote quite a negative review about their Black Pepper 'Recharge' shower gel that I recieved as a gift some time ago. When I recieved the Molton Brown Relaxing Yuan Zhi Bath and Shower Gel I were unsure as to whether I would get on with the product, but part of was looking forward to find out if it was the brand or that particular variety that disagrees with me. The Relaxing Yuan Zhi bottle is certainly more vibrant. The bottle itself is transparent with the Molton Brown branding on the front, but the contents are much more colourful in a deep and rich purple.

On the front of the bottle is the typical Molton Brown branding, with a simple design and the words 'relaxing yuan zhi bath & shower' written towards the bottom of the bottle. The bath & shower gel comes in a 300ml bottle and the silver lid has the words 'Molton Brown' written around it which is a nice touch. Costing a shade under £20 Molton Brown products are by no means cheap, but as I received it as a gift this wasn't an issue for myself. I wouldn't have bought this had it been my choice, as I have had a negative opinion on their products in the past, so this was my opportunity to change that with the Yuan Zhi shower gel.

Mango oil within the shower gel is said to condition the skin, and the product is aimed at moisturising your skin and helping relax your body. Essential oils including vanilla, rose and ylang-ylang create an intense yet soothing fragrance and Yuan Zhi is traditionally used to calm your senses.

I used the bath & shower gel in the bath and found that the fragrance did have a calming and relaxing effect on me. The scent is very noticeable but not too overpowering, which allows you to wind down. The gel easily creates a thick and rich lather, and the scent of the essential oils did last a while after my soak. My skin did feel a little softer than usual, and I think the moisurising claim does ring true. My faith in the Molton Brown brand has been restored, but whether the Yuan Zhi bath & shower has done enough to justify the pricetag is still up for debate.

• catsholiday published 05/05/2012
    Very posh!!
  • Claiiiree published 05/05/2012
    it is very expensive, not sure i could justify the money but i do like some of their products
  • pgn0 published 04/05/2012
    Molton Brown and long-distance travel seem inextricably lined in my mind, for some reason - it's the only time I have encountered the brand.