Mondi Color Copy - plain paper - 500 sheet(s) (CCW0321)

Mondi Color Copy - plain paper - 500 sheet(s) (CCW0321)

Review of "Mondi Color Copy - plain paper - 500 sheet(s) (CCW0321)"

published 14/07/2017 | fluffy27
Member since : 29/09/2011
Woohooooo! Got my first Diamond Review :-D
Pro Excellent quality. Eco and sustainable, FSC Certified.
Cons None
Reliability
Ease of Use

"Mondi - Paper that's out of this world!"

All our paper at work

All our paper at work

I've worked for my current employer for over twelve years and in all that time we have always used Mondi Color Copy paper in our laser printers. Being a design and print company, our laser prints need to be accurate and of the highest quality. This paper has never failed us.

This listing appears to be for the (A4) 90gsm paper but we are currently using the 100gsm paper at work. However, they are both similarly exceptional papers so my review will be appropriate to both weights!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Mondi is an international packaging and paper group and employs around 25,400 people in over 30 countries. They offer innovative and sustainable packaging and paper solutions, one of which is their Colour Copy range, which they claim has been the leading digital printing paper in Europe for the last 25 years.
It is available in 90, 100, 120, 160, 200, 220, 250, 280, 300, 350, 400gsm weights and in sizes from A4 right up to large digital printer formats.

At work we use the A4 and A3 sizes (I will also be reviewing the A3 version at some point!) in Xerox colour laser printers.
The quality of this paper is excellent. You can feel the high quality between your fingers as you hold it. It is the smoothest paper I have felt and it has that extra bit of weight over more budget papers. When you're handling and sorting through laser prints all day you need them to handle manageably and not be fiddly thin and stick together while you're flicking through them. This is never an issue with this paper, compared to when someone prints something out on the printer in the commercial dept upstairs. When I'm given a laser on inferior paper from upstairs, I can tell instantly!

The print quality on this paper is very good. Because it's so smooth you don't get the bleeding or fuzziness you get on rougher textured paper. And because it's so bright and white, the colour is sharp and retains its contrast.

Not only do I use this paper for official work jobs but I print out official letters and photos for home and relatives or print out cards, invitations, activity sheets, etc, for my children. My eldest daughter has also taken projects into school on this paper and the teacher has commented on how good quality it is.

I also take it home to use on my inkjet printer on which it also performs excellently.

Lots of companies and organisations now are working towards Eco accreditations and trying to reduce their carbon footprint.
This is the first ever colour copy paper with FSC accreditation and is CO2 neutral with an exceptional environmental profile. It is part of Mondi’s “Green Range”, being FSC®-certified. It also carries the EU Ecolabel.

I don't know how much we pay for it at work. It may work out cheaper than the Amazon prices as we buy it in bulk and have a regular order.
A quick search shows that there are lots of suppliers for this paper and that it's available in 250 and 500 sheet packs.

The Amazon prices are:
500 sheet pack (1 ream) of A4 for £10.36
or
5 x 500 sheets (5 reams), boxed, of A4 for £44.80

1 x 250 sheet pack is around £8 so it's more cost effective to purchase in 500 sheet packs.

Very highly recommended paper.

• Chippytarka published 25/07/2017