Mondi Color Copy - plain paper - 500 sheet(s) (CCW1024)

Mondi Color Copy - plain paper - 500 sheet(s) (CCW1024)

Review of "Mondi Color Copy - plain paper - 500 sheet(s) (CCW1024)"

published 18/07/2017 | fluffy27
Member since : 29/09/2011
Woohooooo! Got my first Diamond Review :-D
Pro Excellent quality. Eco and sustainable, FSC Certified.
Cons None
Reliability
Ease of Use

"Mondi - Paper that's out of this world, A3 version!"

pack image 1

pack image 1

Having recently reviewed the A4 version of this paper, here is my review for the A3 (297x420mm) version...

I've worked for my current employer for over twelve years and in all that time we have always used Mondi Color Copy paper in our laser printers. Being a design and print company, our laser prints need to be accurate and of the highest quality.

This listing appears to be for the (A3) 90gsm paper but we are currently using the 100gsm paper at work. However, they are both similarly exceptional papers so my review will be appropriate to both weights.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Mondi is an international packaging and paper group and employs around 25,400 people in over 30 countries. They offer innovative and sustainable packaging and paper solutions, one of which is their Colour Copy range, which they claim has been the leading digital printing paper in Europe for the last 25 years.
It is available in 90, 100, 120, 160, 200, 220, 250, 280, 300, 350, 400gsm weights and in sizes from A4 right up to large digital printer formats.

At work we use the A4 and A3 sizes in Xerox colour laser printers.
The quality of this paper is excellent. You can feel the high quality between your fingers as you hold it. It is the smoothest paper I have felt and it has that extra bit of weight over more budget papers. When you're handling and sorting through laser prints all day you need them to handle manageably and not be fiddly thin and stick together while you're flicking through them. This is never an issue with this paper.
The print quality on this paper is very good. Because it's so smooth you don't get the bleeding or fuzziness you get on rougher textured paper. And because it's so bright and white, the colour is sharp and retains its contrast.

I, personally, don't often use the A3 paper. Most of my printing is done using the A4. However, our printer is stocked up with it and every so often, we need to print something out larger than usual. This A3 version is exactly the same quality as the A4 version, only bigger. I find a heavier weight even better for a larger size paper as it makes it less floppy whilst handling. Sometimes, someone will restock our printer with a thinner, lower quality paper from a different office, as the estimating department also like to use our printer. If the cheap paper is in the printer and I need to print something out, I always swap it over to Mondi Color Copy. I've got to a point where I'm so used to handling Mondi that I almost can't bear to touch any other paper!

Not only do I use this paper for official work jobs but I print out things for home on it too. I print out photographs on it much larger than I'd be able to on A4. I also made my friend's son a Rainbow Dash, pin the tail on the pony, for his birthday party!

Lots of companies and organisations now are working towards Eco accreditations and trying to reduce their carbon footprint.
This is the first ever colour copy paper with FSC accreditation and is CO2 neutral with an exceptional environmental profile. It is part of Mondi’s “Green Range”, being FSC®-certified. It also carries the EU Ecolabel.

I don't know how much we pay for it at work. It may work out cheaper than the prices I've found as we buy it in bulk and have a regular order.

Prices are:
Amazon: 500 sheet pack (1 ream) of A3 for around £17 to £18
Viking Direct: 500 sheet pack (1 ream) of A3 for £29.99
Post Office Shop: 500 sheet pack (1 ream) of A3 for £19.20

We get it as a box of 5 x reams. So 2500 sheets per box. I can't find any online suppliers selling it like this but I expect that where it is sold in boxes of 2500 sheets there will be some sort of saving over buying separate reams.

Very highly recommended paper.

• jb0077 published 27/08/2017