chic 5

chic

Member since:21.01.2003

Reliable financial advice

15.02.2003

Advantages:
Comprehensive financial advice

Disadvantages:
Only available monthly

Information provided

3. wendyhowell
  1. battiest
  2. shewhosmiles
  3. mattygroves

Does anyone else read the Daily Mail? If you do, then you will be no stranger to Money Mail, the financial advice supplement which is published in this newspaper on the third Wednesday of every month.

The information given in these pages is wide-ranging, and offers consumers an analysis of new and existing financial products, leading to a recommendation for or against. While any decision ultimately rests with the consumer, he/she can be assured that the advice has been freely given by experts.

The main interest for me is in the ongoing problem of diminishing returns on with-profits endowment mortgages. Like many other mortgage holders, we find ourselves faced with a potentially serious shortfall in the expected payout of our policy in ten years time. Money Mail has reported consistently on this subject, having alerted us to the problem some considerable time ago. Their financial experts offer a variety of solutions to the problem, and their use of case studies, for me, offers a more direct and personal insight into how other consumers are faring.

Many of my family's financial decisions have been made with reference to Money Mail e.g.
- which bank/building society offers the best instant access, card-based account?
- which mini cash ISA should I invest in?
- which is the best savings account for children?
- where can I buy critical health cover?
- do I need life insurance?
- how do I minimise liability for inheritance tax?
- do I qualify for Child Tax Credit?

The list of potential financial crises is endless, but with help from Money Mail, the search for suitable financial products is made easier.

Why not find out for yourself, and read Money Mail!

Karen1203 30.03.2003 10:35

This is good advice, the world of finance can be quite confusing and complex. Thanks

Floon 27.03.2003 13:01

I have rated this VH because you give a lucid account of the Money Mail's virtues; a bit more information overall would be welcome but I think you'll find out as you read through a variety of ops that often people pad out their ops perhaps beyond what's strictly necessary. This is often done to add a touch of humour to what would otherwise be a dry subject and thereby to hold the interest.I don't buy the Mail myself because I can't stand its politics and in particular the way it tries to manipulate opinion. But each to their taste!Good luck...Les

CareBear 17.02.2003 11:35

I have read this from time to time and agree that it offers very good advice - it is easy to read and digest. Claire