Monologues

published 05/02/2004 | pepis
Member since : 30/01/2004
Pro ....
Cons ....

"Everything happens for the better!"

Hi, I joined Ciao UK a couple of days ago and I'd like to introduce myself.

My name is Pepis and I'm from Spain. You might be wondering what am I doing here??? Why don't I go to the Spanish one?

Basically this is what happened... last week I sprained my ankle...went to the doctor and she told me to have some rest (at least for 10 days). So there I was with lots of idle time to read and chat on the Internet...and so happens that Ciao is down! (They are changing its appearance to look just like this one) Of course, I was quite disappointed and that's why I decided to come here. Anyhow now I'm very glad I did :)

So...I'm from Pamplona a city in the North of Spain close to the Western Pyrenees. It is a small city, really green (lots of rainfall throughout the year) and quite busy mainly due to the University which attracts lots of students from other cities. During the summer is pretty boring since everyone is gone home for vacation. But of course...there's a exception that makes the rule...and that is "San Fermin." It is a religious festivity that honors one of our Saint Patrons. It takes place in July every year (6th – 14th.) San Fermin is well-known all over the world as "The Running of the Bulls." At the beginning of the century Ernest Hemingway wrote a book in which he talked about it. The book was called "The Sun also Rises". Since then, thousands of visitors come every year to enjoy the festivities. Most of them come all the way from Australia and the States. I love this "Fiesta" and try to stay here whenever possible. However many of the local people go on vacation during these 9 days since they cannot stand the overly crowded city. There is a lot to be said about San Fermin but this is not the time nor the place (maybe one day I'll write a review on it.)

Regarding to myself... I got married a year and a half ago, have no kids (yet!) and I am currently working as an English and Computer teacher. I also do some translating on the side.

Well if you wanna find out anything else you can always drop me a few lines on my Guestbook I'd gladly get back to you asap.

Thx for reading my review :)

:*** from Spain

• cheekymonkey8 published 22/03/2004
    i have only been to spain a couple of times and of those times i thought it was a lovely place! :) x
  • flamenca7 published 11/03/2004
    hey pepis, i would like to ask you what did you study to become english and computer teacher...i am studying english (universidad de caceres) and i would like to become a translator. by the way, nice to know you!! hugs
  • bwanamdevu published 20/02/2004
    Not been to Pamplona yet but one day! Maybe! Paul.

Product Information : Monologues