Review of "Montagne Jeunesse White Chocolate Face Masque"

published 07/03/2012 | Alyson29
Member since : 07/09/2010
Pro Smells absolutely gorgeous and left my skin feeling cleansed, silky soft and smooth
Cons Absolutely none!

"A Guilt-Free Chocolate Indulgence"

Montagne Jeunesse White Chocolate Masque

Montagne Jeunesse White Chocolate Masque

~~ Montagne Jeunesse White Chocolate ~~

I’m in my mid forties and ever since my teenage years I have followed a strict beauty regime where I cleanse, tone and moisturise. I set myself an hour or so “me time” every Sunday where I will enjoy some peace and quiet and apply a face masque. I have tried and tested many brands over the years, but my favourite is Montagne Jeunesse, particularly as they offer so many different products for all skin types. The company who are based in Swansea, South Wales are clearly fun-loving as their packaging is always quirky and very appealing to the eye. I was fortunate enough to receive a huge bundle of their face masques at Christmas and was delighted to see a few that I hadn’t previously tried with this review discussing White Chocolate.

If you are familiar with the brand you will be aware that each of the 17g sachets displays a colourful image of a female face laden with numerous products to symbolise the contents of the face masque. As this is named White Chocolate the smiling female has her face covered in a thick white layer and her eyes adorned with a bed of green leaves laden with some delicious looking white chocolate pieces. We are advised that the masque is ultra deep cleansing, as in addition to the cocoa the masque contains mud. I am a huge fan of this brand of face masques due to the fact that they are packed with natural ingredients, which consequently, offer huge benefits to the skin.

I must admit that I absolutely adore chocolate, so this particular masque was a definite winner for me, as in addition to enjoying the relaxing experience I would be able to witness the delicious aroma of my favourite comfort food. A little tip I read in a magazine some time ago is to place the unopened sachet into a mug of hot water for thirty seconds or so and as a result, the ingredients are faster absorbing into the skin. The sachets are easy to open by gently tearing although I’ve noticed that Montagne Jeunesse no longer provide the small perforated area. I squeezed the sachet to dispense a small amount of the contents, which were of a creamy colour and a fairly thick and creamy consistency. I was immediately able to witness the delightful aroma of cocoa, which was quite rich and made me crave for real chocolate.

The masque was easily spread over the skin and as I had warmed it prior to using it offered a soothing and very comforting sensation when it made contact. I often find that the 17g sachets provide too much masque for one use, but not quite enough for a second, so I applied it a little thicker than necessary. As directed, I set off to the bedroom to lie down for the recommended twenty minutes of sheer relaxation whilst the masque worked its magic on my skin. Within approximately five minutes I could feel the masque beginning to tighten on my cheeks as it started to set and I found this sensation sheer bliss, particularly as during the entire time I lay on my bed the waft of delicious cocoa was evident.

At the end of the twenty minutes the masque had totally dried and due to the clay content there were a number of cracks appearing and no, they were not my wrinkles! I guessed that its removal was going to be somewhat of a challenge, particularly as I always make a terrible mess of the bathroom sink, wall tiles and floor! However, I was rather surprised as it took minimal effort with minimal mess to be totally rinsed away from my skin and I finish off with a little cold water to close the pores. My skin often gives off a radiant appearance after using masques and this was no exception. In addition, my skin felt silky soft and smooth to the touch with no areas of dryness, which is sometimes the case after removing a masque, particularly around my neck area. What I adored was the delicate hint of cocoa that lingered on my skin for a short while after use and this made me feel so comforted especially as I simply love chocolate! I felt that the product had sufficiently hydrated my skin due to the cocoa seed and shea butter content and that it had effectively been cleansed due to the dead sea salt. This was a delightful product to use as it was so relaxing and very luxurious and for that reason it receives a huge recommendation together with five stars.

I do not normally believe in copying lengthy lists of ingredients into my reviews, but as this masque contains a host of natural ingredients I feel it appropriate, so I will mention a few. In addition to purified water the masque contains natural clay, cocoa seed butter, shea butter, dead sea salt and shea butter. The product has not been tested on animals and the empty packaging can be recycled. Montagne Jeunesse Face Masques are available in stores such as Asda, Boots and Superdrug and generally retail at around £1.10 - £1.20 each, but I tend to stock up when they are available on a 3 for 2 promotion.

I hope you found my review useful and thanks for reading.

This review also appears on Dooyoo under the same user name.

• derek-j-a published 20/05/2012
    Well written.. Deserving of an E :-)
  • Coloneljohn published 18/03/2012
    Excellent review. John
  • torr published 13/03/2012
    Chocolate guilt? Never. Though better eaten than smeared on skin in my opinion.