Mookie Wooden Skipping Rope

Mookie Wooden Skipping Rope

Skipping

Review of "Mookie Wooden Skipping Rope"

published 01/05/2012 | emmad5689
Member since : 12/02/2011
Thank you all for my E ratings it is appreciated xx
Pro Strong, great fun, exercise
Cons Too Long
Wear and Tear
Age Group

"Keep on Skipping"

My eldest daughter was bought these skips last year a as a present when we had our youngests christening which i thought was rather sweet. I always remember playing with skips when I was little and remember having lots of fun with them and playing games with friends at school with them although they are not allowed to take things to school now.

The skips have wooden handles which are shaped to make them comfortable to hold and the top of the handle unscrews from the bottom of the handle which I think is good as if the knot comes out inside and the rope happens to come loose from the handle you are able to fix it easily.

When my daughter was given the skips the rope was all wound around itself but it was very easy to release, the rope is woven tightly so there isn't much give in it and it is mainly white in colour with flecks of red and blue along it. The rope does get pretty dirty although this could be something to do with the fact my daughter isn't able to skip yet.

My daughter wasn't quite sure about the skips when she got them and I had to show her what to do needless to say this wasn't exactly easy as the skips are too small for an adult to use especially since I am tall, my daughter like the idea and of course liked laughing at me. When my daughter tried skipping we found that the skips were too long for her to use very well and she kept getting in a tangle with them. To give you an idea my daughter is 5 in a couple of weeks and quite tall for her age so I never expected her to have a problem.

We fixed the problem by taking the handles off the ends and releasing the rope which she wraps around her hands to get the required length and then she is able to skip a little better although her coordination isn't great so more often than not she missing jumping the rope but she still thinks it's good fun and I think that's what rreally matters.

The ropes seem pretty strong, even though we have took the handles off the rope hasn't frayed and I am hoping she will soon be tall enough to put the handles back on. The rope is pretty grubby and I have tried giving it a wipe over but it doesn't do much since it is woven so the dirt is ingrained in the rope. These ropes are great fun and my daughter loves them.