Morgan (Shop)

Morgan (Shop)

Review of "Morgan (Shop)"

published 20/07/2001 | annalouise
Price
Layout & presentation
Selection & range

"Improvements required..."

I am a regular visitor of Morgan. Every time I visit the store nearest to me I have a look inside. But I cannot remember the last time I bought anything in there. I've put this down to a problem quite a few fashion shops have. Things look great in the window and the shop layout is always nice looking but the actual clothes aren't great at ALL.

If you have ever been into a Morgan store and looked behind the models in the window, you can see reams of fabric pinned up behind to make the clothes look great. But when you try them on yourself, the look really bad because the never fit properly. Unless you buy a top made of lycra. Also, Morgan definatly have a trouser problem. They have the proportions all wrong. They are obviously designed for short sixe 6/8's. Even if I find a pair of trousers to fit my waist, they are always inches too short.

Morgan always try to keep with the fashion and the trends. But they do it in such a....bold way that I'm surprised they ever sell any clothes! To be honest, alot of the clothes come across as slutty. It's a shame because some have the potential to be really nice. It's just my taste I suppose.

As for the quality of the clothes, it's rather good. As long as you look after the garments properly, nobody should have any problems at all.

Despite all these size and design problems that I have with Morgan, I usually love their bags although I don't often but them as they can be on the expensive side.

I think until Morgan make their sizing more realistic, reduce some prices a little and perhaps make SOME of the designs a little calmer, then I would buy as well as try at Morgan.

• Mel27 published 27/02/2005
    I can never find anything that fits. Not that I understand the sizes anyway. The last time I went in, the had sizes "2", "3" and "4". And the "4" was the largest and it wasn't even as big as a proper size 12. It's very expensive as well. I agree that often you just go in and come straight back out, after a browse.
  • pennii published 20/07/2001
    great op. I'm a complete shortarse so the trousers sound brilliant for me. I know exactly what u mean about the crazy designs on some of their tops, but every so often I find something I like, but sometimes the clothes can be a tad bit pricey
  • Deenie published 20/07/2001
    Good op - I totally agree with you about their clothes! They do need to change cos I don't buy anything from them...I agree some of the bags are nice though, although a little dear. ~Deenie~

Product Information : Morgan (Shop)

Listed on Ciao since: 09/11/2000