Morphy Richards 22070 Cordless

Morphy Richards 22070 Cordless

Review of "Morphy Richards 22070 Cordless"

published 29/09/2007 | jippo
Member since : 22/03/2006
Pro no cable to wrap around yourself whilst you straighten you hair
Cons none
Straightening
Ease of Use
Special Features

"Cordless Straighteners....WOW"

I never really used hair straigheners in the past, but after using my mates and being prone to frizzy hair, I have been converted and they are a absolute must for me.

I stumbled across the Morphy and Richards cordless hair straigheners whilst browsing through my Argos catologue. As soon as I saw them, I wanted them, they were the first type of cordless straigheners I had seen and the thought of not having to worry about a cable really appealed to me. The reason why they appealed to me is because there is no plug socket near my rather tiny mirror in the bedroom, having cordless straigheners means that I can style my hair in the bathroom, in front of my rather large mirror. Not having a cable getting in the way also means that I can concentrate more on not burning myself.

At the time of purchasing these straighteners, they cost £59.99 from Argos, however I have checked and Argos no longer sell this model. I have searched around and prices do vary a lot, I have listed these at the bottom of the review. The straighteners come with a charging unit, a users manual, a styling guide and 6 sectioning clips.

The straighteners are ceramic coated which basically means that they distribute the heat evenly. They prevent damage to the hair due to the smoother surface, which enables hair to glide through the ceramic plates.

Although Ciao has it listed as one heat setting only, the 22072 model actually has two heat settings. The users manual doesn't state what temprature each setting has, but it does state that they reach a maximum temprature of 200 C.

These straighteners have a charging unit, which they sit in. The charging unit has a 3m long cable attached to it. The cable also folds around the unit for convinient storage.

Morphy Richards claim that the straighteners will be 'ready to use in 30 secs'. They also claim that the straighteners will retain a high temprature for up to 4 minutes.

Steps to Using the Straighteners.

1. Select a heat setting by using the black button located in between the plates, select 1 for low and 2 for high, depending on your hair type. (2 for me due to my cousin IT hair).

2. Place straighteners in the charging unit and push the button located on the unit to the ON position. There will be two lights, a red one to indicate power and a green one.

3. The green light will flash to show that the plates a heating up, when they have reached the correct temperature the green light will stop flasing and stay constant.

4. While the straighteners are heating up you can start to section your hair. When thay are ready, remove from charging unit and glide through the hair, doing a section at a time.

5. You will be able to feel when the temprature is dropping, at this point, replace the straighteners in the charging unit.

In my experience, these straighteners are amazing and good value for money too. My previous brand cost me over £100 and to be honest, the Morphy and Richards is better. They do live up to the claim of retaining the heat and I only have to recharge them once, so it only takes about 15mins to straighten my hair. My hair is over the shoulders in length, so if you have short hair, you would probably only need to charge them up once. The straighteners also do heat up really quickly, I can't say if they heat up in exactly 30 secs as I have never timed it, but they are certainly ready within a minute.

Before I finish I just wanted to give some quick tips when straightening your hair. I am no haircare expert, but my hairdresser is constantly drumming these into me, so I thought I would share them.

1. Use a deep conditionong treatment once a week.
2. Only use a good quality shampoo and hair sttyling products.
3. Have the hair cut before the ends start to split.
4. Make sure the har is dry before straightening.
5. Always protect the hair with a heat sheild spray, before using any heat on it.

I would highly reccommend these straighteners, shop around though as prices vary a lot, as shown below.

www.morphyrichards.co.uk £39.99

www.electricshopping.co.uk £49.59

Ebay buy it now price: £19.99 (£9.99 postage)

Amazon £56.05

Thanks for reading.

Fran.

• miggmoggspud published 15/01/2008
    These sound great. If my current straighteners pack in then I may consider tracking some of these down. Great informative review. Alexandra x
  • arnoldhenryrufus published 30/09/2007
    sadly my hair is too short and too fine to use these - lyn x
  • MumCC published 30/09/2007