Morphy Richards 40313

Morphy Richards 40313

Irons - Steam Iron - Stainless Steel Sole - with Vertical Steam Shot - without Lime-scale Prevention

Review of "Morphy Richards 40313"

published 30/04/2015 | bexx0907
Member since : 23/06/2009
Many thanks for all the R/R/C's, all much appreciated! Try to ensure I return the favour for all, but if I do miss you then give me a shout so I can get onto it!
Pro Well priced, lightweight, irons well
Cons None really
Performance
User's Manual
Cleaning & Maintenance

"Morphy Richards Iron 40313"

In the past couple of months I have purchased a new iron. I no longer purchase expensive, good quality irons as no matter what brand or price range I opt for, they just don’t seem to last long for me, so I tend to purchase cheaper models, and the latest one I own is the Morphy Richards 40313.

I purchased this from Amazon and only opted for this one over others as it was from a decent brand and was cheap. The iron cost £22.85, and as I had £20 Amazon vouchers, I thought you couldn’t really go wrong only paying £2.85 for an iron!

The iron is predominately white with purple colouring. It has a 300ml tank and a decent length cord. It has a stainless steel bottom plate which means the iron glides nicely along your clothing without snagging or getting stuck.

I have had problems with leaky irons in the past, but that isn’t a problem you get with this one (not so far anyway!), and as it is a cheaper iron, it is quite lightweight – a bit on the flimsy side to be honest, but it does make ironing that little bit easier having a lighter iron and for a lighter iron, it does iron pretty well.

Although I haven’t owned this iron for a huge amount of time, and I don’t have a great track record with irons, I haven’t encountered any negative issues with this one so far. It does look and feel a bit cheap and cheerful, but to be honest, the look of an iron doesn’t interest me – only how well it works and it has worked pretty well so far, probably better than expected actually and so therefore, it comes with a recommendation from me.

• euphie published 24/05/2015