Morphy Richards EM820CPT

Morphy Richards EM820CPT

Microwaves - Max Power: 800 Watt - without Grill

Review of "Morphy Richards EM820CPT"

published 05/03/2012 | loopylou1234
Member since : 02/12/2011
Thanks for stopping by. I've 2 daughters and a beagle who keep me busy :) You may also see my reviews on other sites with the same user name
Pro Easy to use, Fits in well in kitchen colour scheme, Lots of different settings
Cons The door can stick which is very annoying
Performance
User's Manual

"Cream Morphy Richards Microwave"

Cream Morphy Richards Microwave

Cream Morphy Richards Microwave

Morphy Richards EM820CPTF-PM Solo Touch microwave

I was bought this microwave for Christmas as a present from my in-laws. As we were expecting our second baby after Christmas, it was something we needed to sterilise the baby bottles as our old microwave really wasn't up to the job!

I chose this from Argos. At the time it was on offer £49.99. At the moment it is available for £58.39.

Appearance

I mainly chose this microwave as it matches the other kitchen items I own, the Morphy Richards kettle and toaster. Also there doesn't seem to be many cream microwaves available.

It is quite attractive to look at, it is black on the front with a cream border around it. It is easy to keep clean, I just wipe it over with a damp cloth.

Size

It has a 20 litre capacity (big enough for a Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Steriliser, which is quite big). It is an 800 watt microwave which is average power. It measures H25.8, W43.3, D33cm. The glass turntable plate inside is removable so easy to wash if anything spills over onto it.

Features

It is simple to use, it has 10 power levels and 6 programmes. To be honest I haven't used this microwave fully and haven't used all of the buttons yet! I have only used it on the manual timer to make myself porridge for breakfast and to set it on an eight minute timer for the steriliser. It has features such as a setting for heating drinks 'Beverage', 'Popcorn' for cooking popcorn and it has a defrost setting that you can set the weight of the meat. I think this would be very helpful.

Disadvantages

One thing I don't like about it is that the door sticks. Sometimes even if I press the door release button more than once, it doesn't open, and I have to hold the door as well. If I had bought it I would probably return it for a new one but as it was a present from my in-laws and they are unlikely to have kept the receipt I will keep it.

I can't comment on the durability of the microwave as I only had it for Christmas. I do use it more than twice a day to sterilise my daughters bottles.

Overall I would recommend this microwave but I would look around a good price and wouldn't want to pay more than £65 for it.

• nickbrown60 published 05/03/2012