Review of "Morrisons Baby Wipes"

published 17/12/2010 | marsland1
Member since : 03/05/2010
A Merry Christmas to you all, many thanks for all your RRC x
Pro Soft, gentle, work well, cheap
Cons none
Dispenser

"A baby wipe that actually smells alright"

Whenever the grandchildren come and stay I work my way through many packets of wipes as they are forever needing sticky fingers wiping! I have become fed up of spending over £2 for a packet of Johnson's and Huggies and have been starting to shop around trying to find cheaper ones. Now the grandchildren are here for Christmas I have just bought these Morrison's wipes and I am very pleased with them so far.

The wipes

What is nice about these wipes is that they come in a packet with a plastic lid which is easy to reseal unlike other baby wipes which don't have a plastic lid. It is easy to open and close because it isn't a sticky tab which you put back down like other wipes so it doesn't lose it's stickiness.

The packet is pale blue with the lid area being white and a little picture of a cartoon baby on the front.

The wipes can be pulled out of the hole in the packet in a way which they come out one after another. The wipes are quite thin and very moist, definitely more moist than other wipes that I have used before. They are very thin too which I like and they are also very soft which means they are very gentle on the skin which I think is important.

Do they work?

Yes they do! Because they are rather moist they are easy to use, the moisture helps the dirt and things be wiped off without needing to apply much pressure upon children's skin. Because they are thin they are easy to use and reach into small places which is another benefit.

Some baby wipes smell very strongly and these ones are scented, however, the smell is actually very nice! Other wipes can be so overpowering with the smell and it can be very off putting when you are using them whilst eating. These have a lightly floral smell which isn't too in your face so it is nice.

Some of my grandchildren have very sensitive skin and so far these wipes haven't caused any problems with them at all, this was something I was concerned about when buying cheaper wipes. I was under the impression that spending more money would mean that they would be better made but actually these wipes are just as gentle and work just as well as those which are twice and three times the price.

Conclusion

I am very pleased with these wipes. I have tried a variety now and I do think that the cheaper wipes are actually more effective than the higher cost ones. I like that the lid is easy to fasten so keeps the wipes moist for as long as possible without relying on a sticky tab like other wipes.

The fragrance isn't off putting at all which makes a change!

I use these for cleaning sticky fingers, changing nappies and wiping down the highchairs after use and for all of these jobs they work very well and don't have any negative effects. I think that they are great value for money at £1 a packet. In a pack you get approximately 80 wipes and I find that this lasts about 5 days whilst I have the grandchildren here so I think that that is good value for money.

• top-reviewz published 17/12/2010
    Well Reviewed : )
  • dee7778 published 17/12/2010
    Not sure which I hate the most - the smell of wipes or the smell of nappy sacks. Thankfully I haven't had to smell either for a long while...
  • karalouk published 17/12/2010
    I like these too - Well reviewed!