Review of "Motel The Kate Dress Women"

published 26/04/2012 | doriee.jay
Member since : 22/10/2011
Good
Pro cute for summer
Cons looks frumpy, not the best quality
Design/Style

"Motel Rose and Ribbon Kate Dress"

After my disappointment with the Linda dress and re sold it I still really wanted a dress from the blue rose and ribbon collection. I came across the Kate dress which was a little more appealing than the last because this one has straps so I though it would stay up a bit better than the boob tube version. Motel is sold on various websites but you can also find it in topshop, I bought this second hand from ebay for roughly £10. I thought that was a pretty good price, I didn't want to buy one brand new, spend loads of money on it if I didn't like it.

This comes in xs,s,m,l. I had this is size small which is 8-10. This has half an inch wide black straps which are adjustable, you can adjust these are the back with a button it has 3 holes for you to choose from, I always had mine on the middle one and this fit me just fine. It has an elasticated back piece and this is shaped around the bust to go around your breasts, it then has several small buttons going down from the bust to the waist, these don't do anything it's just for detail. and then this goes into the tulip shape for the skirt part and again has two discrete pockets on either side. This dress is the full rose and ribbon design and it stands out a lot compared to a lot of dresses, I wore this one mainly in summer because it makes for a good casual summer dress rather than a going out dress.

This came in at the waist and showed off my curvy figure a lot which is what I liked most about the dress and I have to say this made my boobs look great as well. The tulip skirt shape however did make me look a bit frumpy which I didn't like, I think that part could of been made a smaller so it would look good on slimmer people. I did have a problem with a button on the strap coming off but my mum repaired this but after a few months of only wearing this a couple of times I noticed the straps were getting stretched and I had to make my own new holes to keep the straps on my shoulders, this was mildly irritating. You can put this is a normal washing machine and the colours don't run at a normal temperature, but not sure about a high wash.

• thedevilinme published 26/04/2012
    you would loook sexy in that:>
  • dawnymarie published 26/04/2012
    My daughter likes this brand - she got one once that wouldn't go over her shoulders or hip to put on which was promptly returned. The stretchy, bodycon styles seem to be the easiest for her to get on and they flatter her figure beautifully - she is a size 8 though ;) x