cornishch... 4

cornishchic

About me: merry christmas :) I've given 13k more rates than I've received - crazy!

Member since:27.07.2011

My daughter loves sharing her bath with a doggie

30.12.2011

Advantages:
Cheap, great quality

Disadvantages:
None

Educational ValueAverage

54 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. Coloneljohn
  2. flutterby7
  3. sweetybi
  1. koshkha

My mum ordered some presents from Mothercare, the total almost qualified for free delivery so instead of paying for delivery she added this doggie paddler and gave it to my daughter.

What is it?

This doggie pladder is a wind up bath toy. The doggie is yellow in colour and is wearing green trunks (without blue spots, as the picture shows). The dog is roughly 12cm in length. He is made from a tough hard plastic. Underneath the dogs belly is a wind up mechanism which, when twisted, makes the front legs of the dog turn in a circular motion making him paddle along the water.

Our thoughts

My daughter has had this bath toy for around 6 months and it still looks as good as new (miniscule chip of paint missing on the nose) and it still paddles as it did from the day we first used it. Just as you would expect from a toy that came from Mothercare.

The wind up mechanism is good, although it will only work well in the water if it is wound up as far as it will go, around 8 full twists, this will make the dog paddle for around a minute. The stick out bit which needs to be turned is quite small, my daughter canít twist it herself, so it means I spend the majority of bath time winding it up for her. Iíve found that if there are lots of bubbles in my daughters bath, the dog finds it more difficult to paddle than if there wasnít any bubbles.

My daughter loves this doggie and often, if Iím upstairs doing something, she will ask to play with it in the bathroom basin, so it isnít restricted to just using in the bath. In the basin though, because there obviously isnít enough room as in the bath, the dog does tend to start crashing into the sides until she turns him around, and quite often as soon as she picks him up to turn him around his legs will starts spinning quickly when out of the water so she can get frustrated with this.

Iím not sure how much my mum paid for this, I would imagine around £4-£6 as she only added it to qualify for free delivery. I think it is worth every penny, our dog gets used at every bath time and between bath times also and is still in an almost as new condition.

Coloneljohn 11.01.2012 08:50

A fun toy. John

killiefan 30.12.2011 23:02

Looks like a good bath toy!

Spottydog11 30.12.2011 13:55