Mothercare Dream booster seat

Mothercare Dream booster seat

Review of "Mothercare Dream booster seat"

published 23/04/2012 | kama0529
Member since : 03/10/2005
I'm here to review products in as honest a way as possible. I will rate any product by those who rate me. If I miss you then just let me know :)
Pro Good price. Comfortable. Doesn't slide forward. Washable covers.
Cons Nothing
Age Group
Padded
Ease of cleaning
Safety
Ease of installation

"Just so he can see out the window!"

I have the Mothercare Dream Booster Seat for my middle child who is 8 years old and so needs a booster seat so that it's safe for him to wear a seatbelt and not slip underneath it. I opted for this booster seat because it was recommended to me by a parent at my sons school - and it seemed to be well recommended also when I went online to look at reviews. It cost me just £19.99 from Mothercare and I bought it in-store and took it away the same day. I think that price is very reasonable, especially considering the fact that is seems to be one of the best in the Mothercare range of booster seats.

This seat is recommended for children who are between 4 - 11 years old and who weight 15kg to 36kg. If they are lower than this range they should really be on a car seat and if they are over then they shouldn't need a booster seat - and so it should last for the entire duration of time a kid needs a booster seat. One size fits all, so to speak!

Looking at the booster seat, it seems to be really well made, being sturdy yet fairly light weight and made of good robust materials. It has quite a wide base and so my son finds it comfortable to sit in even on really long journeys. The base is also padded for extra comfort and it's nicely curved to fit to the buttocks - and provides a nice base for him to plonk himself on! And my son like it simply so he can see out the window!

The design of the seat is not very imaginative and not particularly child friendly, but as my son is getting older, this seemed to be a plus for him (he's 8 going on 40!). Its mostly black, grey and white and a pretty boring design. That being said, the material feels soft and non-scratchy or irritating, and you can remove the covers to machine wash them which we do every few months and they come up good as new. They are easy to remove and to put back on.

Once the seat in in position and my son is sat on it, the seat does not move. Before we had this, my daughter had a booster seat that kept riding forwards and so then she would be left with a gap behind her which got really uncomfortable for her. It fits easily in the car and allows good positioning for the seat beats and places the child at the appropriate height for safety and comfort.

Overall, I think this is actually a really good booster seat and I would recommend it for anyone who has a child of this age.

• mozzie76 published 23/04/2012