Mothercare High Chair

Mothercare High Chair

Baby High Chair

Review of "Mothercare High Chair"

published 12/05/2004 | purplevixen
Member since : 07/05/2004
Pro Cheap and cheerful
Cons None really
Storage
Ease of cleaning
Safety
Stability

"It's really just a highchair..."

Having had various highchairs (The 'sit and gro', a pine cube, chicco mamma and 2 of the Ikea ones...)I bought one of theses, having got fed up with the immense size of the Mamma.
I went into Mothercare and bought a lovely bright stripey highchair...It has a lovely big tray and a comfy, squishy seat. My baby (at 6 months) loved it. I loved that it could fold so easily (simply undo the strap under the tray, lift tray push highchair legs together and the tray falls down to hold it in place.) This takes up very little room. You must always use the safety strap under the tray to stabilise the highchair.
I have found it to be very safe and sturdy, and easy to clean. To be honest, I have unscrewed the seat, slit the back, slid the plastic panel out and put the whole seat and harness through the wash 3 times now. It is very simple to put back together and looks like new. (I have a real thing about revolting highchair grime...having had a very unhygenic pine cube highchair, that welded food to itself)
Recently I took my Ikea highchair to a wedding, and had no chair for my 2 year old, I pulled this one out of the garage (where it is patiently waitng baby no.4) and was surprised she fitted so well. A slight struggle to get her in, but very safe and comfortable (and very peeved toddler who discovered she could not escape very easily at all!!!)
All in all excellent value for money.

• NicNicB published 14/05/2004
    Good review. I have this highchair too - it's basic but really good value for money and easy to use.
  • KarenUK published 13/05/2004
    If you leave a blank line between paragraphs, this review will look better. I hope you don't mind a friendly tip from an 'oldie' :-)
  • inycon2 published 12/05/2004
    Highchairs are usually a nightmare to keep clean, although my daughter tends to throw most of her stuff on the floor.